5.0 out of 5 stars Great help which met my learning style associated with Dyslexia, 6 May 2013
This review is from: Nurses! Test yourself in Pathophysiology (Paperback)
Brilliant book, usesd it along side test yourself in anatomy and phisiology, as I am dyslexic, I found that this suited my learning style.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for student revision!, 16 April 2013
I bought this book in preparation for my Pathophysiology exam, and I wasn't disappointed. Rather than reading chapters and taking notes, I found that I could answer questions of different formats, and then read further information in the answers section. It definitely kept me interested! Well worth the purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars good summary, 19 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Nurses! Test yourself in Pathophysiology (Paperback)
this is a very good book for revision and assessing my understanding of pathophysiology. i will recommend it for nursing students.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for testing yourself, 22 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Nurses! Test yourself in Pathophysiology (Paperback)
A good book to use along side a decent pathophysiology book, to test knowledge.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for students, 6 Oct. 2011
As a student nurse I am always looking for ways to enhance my learning and this book is excellent for this. The book is divided into chapters on each of the human body systems and uses several different methods of testing, such as true or false questions, fill in the blanks, and multiple choice. The answers provided at the end of each chapter expand on the correct answer to enhance your knowledge.
I found that I knew some of the answers already and this boosted my confidence no end, as we students often feel we will never know enough! However there were quite a few questions which really challenged me and I feel after only a couple of goes at the book that I have learned something. The detailed answers also added to the information which I already knew and put the information into context for me.
The chapters are fairly short and you could have a go at one of them when you have a spare half hour which is really helpful when you are trying to balance assignments with placements and find it difficult to approach any additional learning. These bite-size chapters will be extremely useful if you need to revise pathophysiology for an exam, or when preparing for a particular placement.
Overall I would say this book would make an excellent investment for a student at any stage in their course.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-have for nursing students!, 26 Jun. 2011
Conor Hamilton "Hammy" (Armagh, Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nurses! Test yourself in Pathophysiology (Paperback)
From a nursing student perspective this book is excellent. It is about time a pathophysiology reference book was written for specifically nurses and nursing students. I wish it had been published three years earlier as I believe it would have made studying for nursing biomedical modules much easier. It is laid out very well, allowing the reader to learn individual body systems in manageable chunks.
The chapters are well introduced and include pointers to useful learning resources and background reading, allowing the reader to research the subject before attempting the questions. The questions are relevant to study areas for first and second year nursing biomed exams, and the answers are concise yet contain enough detail to ensure readability and retention of detail.
Every nursing student should have this book, and if I ever go on to mentor or teach nursing students I will be sure to recommend this as essential reading.

Nurses! Test yourself in Pathophysiology
Nurses! Test yourself in Pathophysiology by William Scott (Paperback - 1 April 2011)