5.0 out of 5 stars A LIFE SAVER !!!
I was given this book by a well meaning person to help with my dissertation. Not being a book person I intially just ran around in circles getting stressed and feeling overwhelmed about my dissertation and didnt look at book. Finally, in desperation I flicked through the book. The first thing to say is: Its sectioned in SUCH A GREAT WAY that you dont waste time having...
Published 24 months ago by Innes

3.0 out of 5 stars A very good introduction for someone approaching a first project: insufficient for postgraduate work
I bought this for my postgraduate dissertation having read the reviews. However, I soon realised that it just wasn't enough: it didn't add anything to the books I have already. If I'd been approaching a research project for the first time then I'm sure I would have found this book a very useful summary. If you want something a little more in depth then I'd recommend John...
Published 17 months ago by card collector

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Educational research, 27 Jun 2012
This review is from: The Good Research Guide: for small-scale social research projects (Paperback)
This book is an excellent source which enables the reader to design and create a good quality research strategy. It is particularly good for me as it supports my PhD work. The writing is easily accessible to the reader which is a massive help to the 'new' researcher.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended College Book, 18 Jun 2012
This book was recommended by my university as essential reading, so I bought it. It is very helpful, arrived promptly and was good value.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Book for Research Projects, 4 Dec 2012
Denscombe's guide to research has been most helpful for working on my dissertation in which I must complete a small scale research project. The book explains in perfect (non jargon!) detail not only the difference between strategies and methods, but fills in all the gaps in my knowledge about all the different strategies and methods that are used in small scale research projects, including the advantages and disadvantages of each. I myself will be using questionnaires for my research method, and have found Denscombe's information on this subject particularly helpful. Furthermore, I have been most anxious about the analysis of my research project, however with this book in hand there is no need for me to worry as all the information I need is there.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

The Good Research Guide: for small-scale social research projects
The Good Research Guide: for small-scale social research projects by Martyn Denscombe (Paperback - 1 Aug 2010)
19.40