5.0 out of 5 stars A LIFE SAVER !!!
Published on 25 July 2012 by Innes

Published 18 months ago by card collector

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A LIFE SAVER !!!, 25 July 2012
This review is from: The Good Research Guide: for small-scale social research projects (Paperback)
I was given this book by a well meaning person to help with my dissertation. Not being a book person I intially just ran around in circles getting stressed and feeling overwhelmed about my dissertation and didnt look at book. Finally, in desperation I flicked through the book. The first thing to say is: Its sectioned in SUCH A GREAT WAY that you dont waste time having to scan read, great ! Once I found titles that jumped out at me, I scan read but found before I knew it I was engrossed and already feeling clearer about the whole thing - you dont need to stare at the book for hours - this is great when your panicking against a deadline. The info was concise, no fancy words, clear concepts and instruction that are FOOL PROOF. Lastly, having qualified I am now a freelance reseacher - my first project I grabbed for this book to gudie me on writing my first ever paid report !!! It literally saved my skin as again I had been overwhelmed. It produced a successful and proffessional report and I go my fist pay check !! BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT !!! Its FABULOUS :-) Good luck

3.0 out of 5 stars A very good introduction for someone approaching a first project: insufficient for postgraduate work, 17 Feb 2013
I bought this for my postgraduate dissertation having read the reviews. However, I soon realised that it just wasn't enough: it didn't add anything to the books I have already. If I'd been approaching a research project for the first time then I'm sure I would have found this book a very useful summary. If you want something a little more in depth then I'd recommend John Biggan's 'Succeeding with your Master's Dissertation' (also from the Open UP Study Skills imprint) and Doing Postgraduate Research by Stephen Potter.

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommended!, 11 Feb 2012
Recommended. Presents the subject in a straightforward, no nonsense way. I found it very useful when putting together my Research Proposal for my Masters. Complements other texts very well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent purchase, 24 Mar 2011
S Costar "SMC" (UK) - See all my reviews
This book is excellent for any novice researcher like myself. I needed it for an assignment and I used this as one of my key reference books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Search for Research, 29 Mar 2013
Very useful book, very informative and assists me in my studies. This is a bible for anyone who wants to interpret the jargon that surrounds research applications and write anything to do with research. I would thoroughly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars good book, 2 Mar 2014
This book has been useful in my MA Education. It has helped me with my essay and a very informative book.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5stars, book is prescribed for my dissertation, still to use it!, 18 Jan 2014
Yes thanks, this book arrived quickly, it was delivered by 9/1/2014. Thanks very much. Packaged well. Hopefully it will be useful for my studies and have to proceed with the dissertation part of it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Helpful, 7 Dec 2013
This book has been very helpful for conducting my dissertation. It explains how to conduct research in a manner that is easily understandable. Highly recommend. My reasoning for 4 stars is I haven't finished my project yet so don't know how it will help in the future.

4.0 out of 5 stars Helpful advice, 29 Aug 2013
Mark G. Hopewell "Mark" (Shrewsbury, UK) - See all my reviews
Highly recommended if you need a familiarisation with the subject or process of research, especially when beginning the research process.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny - I achieved a 1st in my project & I would put it all down to this book!, 25 July 2013
Excellent guidance for completing a research project for my dissertation whilst studying a BSc (Hons) Degree in Occupational Therapy. Full of really useful hints & tips - through reading this book and applying the advice within my project I managed to achieve a 1st within my project. Worth a read as part of your project preparation - really easy to read and utilise. Recieved extremely quickly also - exceeded my expectation!

Worth every penny!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

The Good Research Guide: for small-scale social research projects
The Good Research Guide: for small-scale social research projects by Martyn Denscombe (Paperback - 1 Aug 2010)
19.39