5.0 out of 5 stars Great book - really informative, 23 Oct 2010
This review is from: Misconceptions in Primary Science (Paperback)
I originally borrowed a copy of this from my university library to help me with my science subject knowledge for my PGCE. I found it so useful and realised that I would continue to use it as a teacher that I bought my own copy. It's very well organised, broken down into the main subject areas of the primary science curriculum, with the common misconceptions that children have in these areas described and corrected. The explanations, while sufficiently technical, are easy to read and diagrams and analogies are given that you could use in your teaching. Science isn't my strongest area but I've learnt a lot more having dipped into this, and feel much more confident about teaching science lessons now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 17 Mar 2010
A. Moss (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Misconceptions in Primary Science (Paperback)
I found this book to be really accessible to read. It is written in a style which makes it easy to get the information you need quickly, in language that makes science seem straight forward and interesting.

It's a definite must for both people training to be teachers and those already in the profession - as it makes an excellent reference for clearing up those last minute niggling questions before you walk into the classroom. Although, I also genuinely found it interesting to read even when I wasn't planning a science lesson.

I would definitely recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 13 April 2010
This review is from: Misconceptions in Primary Science (Paperback)
I am currently a second year student, studying to be a primary school teacher. I found this book extremely useful and cannot praise it enough. It has been incredibly useful when writing a particular essay, but I can also see how useful it will be in the classroom when teaching science. Great for theory and for practice and very comprehensive. Definitly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent resource for primary school teachers, 5 Nov 2011
J. S. Martin "Jackie martin" (Beaconsfield, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Misconceptions in Primary Science (Paperback)
Michael Allen is clearly passionate about making the teaching of science fun, engaging and memorable. He believes it is important for teachers to have a strong understanding of scientific concepts so that they can teach competently. This book has been such a useful reference, describing an extensive range of common scientific misconceptions. After each misconception, he explains in clear terms what actually happens and how these concepts can be effectively explained to children.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for PGCE students, 13 Feb 2014
This review is from: Misconceptions in Primary Science (Paperback)
Fantastic book, with great classroom Ideas! I'm currently studying to be a teacher and this book is very helpful! Well worth the money

Misconceptions in Primary Science
Misconceptions in Primary Science by Michael Allen (Paperback - 1 Feb 2010)
22.99
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available