4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the basics
Published on 17 Jun 2004 by Dr Trish

3.0 out of 5 stars A must for students
One of the recommended course texts for the course I am on, and has been worth every penny! It contains some useful checklists, and although not an exhaustive text on qualitative research, it has been very useful.
Published on 15 Aug 2001 by knatters

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the basics, 17 Jun 2004
I am a first year PhD student (pure research and no taught modules or recommended reading) and found this book to be really helpful for getting started with the basics, even though I have already chosen my research method and proposal. It comes in small bite-size chunks with a few gems to get you thinking. I'm a 'get it done quick' kinda girl, so this was great for my style of 'action' learning. If you're more of a deep thinker, this may not be for you.

3.0 out of 5 stars A must for students, 15 Aug 2001

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent study companion, 3 Dec 2009
Cathryn Sarsfield ""The Alien Kate"" (Republic of Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Good Research Guide: For Small-scale Social Research Projects (Paperback)
A marvellous companion for small scale qualitative research studies. As a first-time researcher I found this an invaluable asset. Can highly recommend this text.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for research, 28 Oct 2009
Mr. M. D. Smith (UK) - See all my reviews
This book is very useful when undertaking a small scale research project. It provides really useful tips and gives you a good insight into research and how to carry it out.

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful, 13 July 2010
I've found this useful for my University research project. Its fairly easy to read given its less than riveting subject matter!

The Good Research Guide: For Small-scale Social Research Projects
The Good Research Guide: For Small-scale Social Research Projects by Martyn Denscombe (Paperback - 1 Jun 2003)
Used & New from: 0.01