on 18 June 2003
My toddler loves Poppy Cat, and this touch and feel book is so sweet, there's bath time bubbles to squash, furry bear to stroke, a tiny book to open inside, shiny stars and a soft quilt. There's also lots of little background objects in all these books in the series so my little girl loves pointing things out and saying the words. It is a gentle rhyming text too which is simple for little ones to pick up, and older kids might enjoy reading from this book. It has a nice calm bed time feel, and perfect for getting ready for sleep. The colours are really bright, rich and beautiful, and the artist has used a lovely painterly style. My toddler always picks this book off the shelf, and can't keep her eyes off all the colours. A big hit!
on 12 September 2005
This is easily my one-yr old daughter's favourite book. It is bright,fun to read and just the right size to keep a toddler's attention
on 17 December 2008
I am writing this review as I too love this book, which is a board book copy. However, we don't have a teeny book to open, or fur on bear or flaps. All we have is a squashy duvet at the end. That doesn't stop my baby enjoying it, as every page relates to her own bedtime routine so there is plenty to talk about. Just make sure you get what you are paying for......
on 11 July 2004
My son loves this book. Great vivid illustrations and enjoyable touchy feely bits and one flap (I mention this particularly as we seem to spend more time on the flap page than any other)
on 23 November 2011
This touch and feel Poppy Cat book is great if you want a short bedtime story to read with your baby or toddler.

The book consists of five double page spreads, each bearing a simple statement ("Poppy Cat likes bathtime", etc.), accompanied by a picture. The story shows Poppy Cat having a bath and a story before she goes to sleep, so it's helpful to any parents trying to establish a bedtime routine for their child. There are bright colours and touchy-feely bits for babies to enjoy, and there are some nice details in the illustrations that toddlers will appreciate.

I bought this book for my daughter when she was about one, and she's still enjoying it aged twenty months, although it doesn't keep her attention for very long now!

This review refers to the board book edition of 'Goodnight Poppy Cat' with touch-and-feel bits, published in 2003.
on 8 August 2010
I bought this for my husband as he was getting a bit bored of reading Poppycat loves rainbows every night to my 14 month old. She had that book since she was 8 months and it was a firm favourite...but my poor husband was getting a bit bored of reading it every night. I decided to treat them both to another Poppy cat book and give them a bit of variety....now he reads two poppy cat book before bedtime! It is a good strong board book, with nice touchy-feely bits and lovely illustrations. It has a book inside to open which is popular, but my daughter, far prefers to point out the ducks though! She loves Poppy cat and I am thinking of getting her a third poppy cat book.
on 8 August 2012
Goodnight Poppy Cat is a lovely 'wind down', getting ready for bed routine. The familiarity creates an atmosphere of safety and security. There is lots to point to and pick out, and have that so often 'round the houses'little chat together.
The stiff pages make it durable for fervant little readers!

Great series of books, especially the 'sound' and 'touchy feely' ones.
on 29 August 2014
Although I've not purchased this book yet I intent on making a purchase very soon as the copy I have is old and tired and a bit tatty now., my youngest son loves this book so much so he throws it at you to read it again and again and again (he's only 1 yr old) to the point we all know it if by heart now I'm thinking a great little stocking filler for christmas
on 21 November 2011
We have both copies, the smaller one with one touchy bit is perfect in the car, while the bigger book with many touchy-feely parts is great at home. Really lovely book, we love Poppy Cat! :-)
on 9 October 2009
Every night we join Poppy Cat for his bedtime routine, this is just a lovely book.

Goodnight, Poppy Cat!