on 11 January 2014
Our 20 m.o. daughter loves Postman Bear and Fox's Socks, so this was a natural addition to the set. Its probably not as good as Postman Bear or Fox's Socks in terms of a story - its quite repetitive and I suppose is geared up to teaching children the names of various animals. The thing I found the most unsatisfactory about the lift-the-flap book is that the gate on page 2 that the blackbird is behind is just not really suited to a lift-the-flap book. The way it has been cut out means that it hinges off two tiny pieces of card - so if your child is anything like ours and a little bit heavy-handed, it will become ripped in no time. Page 2 of our copy of Hide & Seek Pig has been sellotaped up numerous times now - yet this in the only page in any of the three books that has suffered any damage - all the other fold-out flaps have been designed in a way to ensure there is plenty of board at the fold / score, making them far more robust.
on 15 August 2010
This is great for my daughters. At 18months they love the pictures, only thing is as it is a paper book it tears easily - but they love it!
on 31 January 2006
Our little girl loves this book, and so do we - especially the page where squirrel has off-loaded the basket of washing on to rabbit. Rabbit's frown is priceless...
on 10 February 2010
It's very sweet and my little boy can't wait to open the flaps to try and find hen.
I would buy another Acorn Wood book. I also have other Julia Donaldson books which he loves.
on 22 March 2013
Since my son was one we've been collecting these interactive books and this was the last in this collection to complete the set. Given the choice he still goes back to these books and knows the words by heart.
on 21 April 2012
I bought this as an Easter present along with Rabbit's Nap for my 23 month old daughter. She already has Fox's Socks and Postman Bear which are also from the Tales from Acorn Wood series and as she loves these, I guessed that she would be delighted with this purchase. I wasn't wrong. Both books have now become firm favourites as part of her bed time routine. She loves lifting the flaps and joins in with the words she remembers. The stories and illustrations are delightful and I would definitely recommend. Add to this that there was no delay with delivery of my purchase, I am one very happy customer!
on 30 October 2015
This and the others in the Acorn Wood series were a favourite bedtime reading experience ever since we bought it. The flaps in each double page spread allows children to engage in the story and keep their attention. Julia Donaldson's use of riming words too adds to the audio delight that both the reader and the listener experiences. I highly recommend this little kids and big grown up kids who read too!

We meet a progression of characters you come across to find our hiding Pig in this little tale.
on 18 April 2012
Bought this as a present for a 2 and half year old girl. She's the daughter of a friend and we needed to buy the familly some gifts. I saw a list of items they wanted next to their computer and some of these titles were on that list. Sneaky hey!! Sent them over to Geneva - where similar items would cost approx triple the price and Sasha, the little girl, loves them. Apparently they're a big hit and we're the best Aunt n Uncle in the world.
Sami - Chris's Wife
xx
on 23 August 2013
Lovely story, beautiful illustrations, fun to read and very vibrant colours.
My son loves it, am very pleased with my purchase
VINE VOICEon 29 July 2013
I love this book and the others in the series. I like the pictures and the text and of course the fact that it is a lift the flap which is always popular with the children I work with. The story is a nice pleasant story with the children having to guess who is hiding. Another bonus for them to use their imaginations. This book is a nice strong board book which will be useful when being used by younger children. I would recommend this book,.