on 9 October 2003
This looks like such a simple book but we read it to our 1 year old boy - you have to do the actions with it - and he absolutely loved it. He would make us read it over and over again!!
on 2 January 2013
The book is about an egg with which a number of African animals try to crack, with no result, despite applying a medley of different egg-opening techniques. Then it cracks open of its own accord. It is a great book with a slightly sinister ending, which children will love.

This book is no longer in print and I obtained this gem second hand for under a quid + pp.
on 16 August 2011
My dad used to read this to me as a little girl. We used to pretend I was the egg and it was great fun. One of my fondest memories, such a shame it is no longer in print.
on 21 April 2016
Was Hunting for it because it was my daughters first reading book, as it is an easy one for children to learn with
and I wanted it for her son my grandson.