5.0 out of 5 stars A great book for babies
Published on 21 Sep 2001 by garethclement@hotmail.com

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Product.....baby not interested
I think I fell for the hype of black and white books and toys in desperation to be a great mum. While the book is great especially the fact its soft and has a mirrored front, and has contrasting red, my little boy didn't look at it once.

I'd say save your money and instead let them gaze at the window, show them a mirror or turned off tv, or walk them around the...
Published 13 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book for babies, 21 Sep 2001
You cannot fault this book when it comes to entertaining babies. My son loves it and as it comes with a handy plastic cord you can attach it to the car seat making sure you always have something with you to entertain you little one. The different textures within the book encorage your child to turn the pages and feel his way through the story. To finish it the pictures are nice and bright and the story is simple yet my son finds it very entertaining.
If you have baby buy this book and attach it to their car seat. You will have a wonderful toy for your child to play with and you will never leave home without a toy again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Durable!, 31 Dec 2009
Ms. S. Naylor - See all my reviews
This review is from: Baby's Very First Book: Farm (Rag Book)
My son received this when he was 3 months old or so. At first he simply held it to look at his reflection in the mirror (a very good mirror by childrens book standards - it doesn't have the "crazy mirror" feel many others have) though he soon got into turning the pages and chewing on it, which is where this book came into it's own. I was sick of looking at board books with teeth marks in them. All this needs is a quick wash at night and viola, you're ready for the next day.

One simple, but often overlooked feature is the book is the velcro tag. You can attach it to cot bars or pushchairs or.. anything, really.

The pages are very simple. There are three black and white images of animals (the same seen on the front cover) with the names written beneath, and three black/white/red patterns. They're quite simple images but hold babies interest for quite some time.

5.0 out of 5 stars every babys favourite, 19 Jan 2010
D. Lewin (london UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Baby's Very First Book: Farm (Rag Book)
have purchased this book many times...every baby I know simply loves it!!Working as a maternity nurse am always on the lookout for things that are good value,durable and entertaining for the little ones and this'first book'fits the bill...I will be ordering more in the future..

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for keeping babies amused!, 5 July 2005
By A Customer
My 8 month old son loves this and many times we have managed to stop him crying by showing him this book. For some reason he finds the pink pig extremely amusing!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!, 8 July 2009
Mrs. Lois Henrietta (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Baby's Very First Book: Farm (Rag Book)
I think this book is great! My baby is nearly 6 weeks old, and I've been looking for a book to entertain him, which he can actually focus on, as an alternative to playing on his play mat. This is perfectt! I have tried several other books with pictures on them, furry animals, etc - but I think they are too advanced for him at the moment. The abstract images really seem to entertain him, and he really stares at them. There are a nice mixture of simple images and patterns, which adds variety. The only downside, is that there aren't very many pages - I had expected there to be more! The pages are all crinkly too, so the noise is stimulating as well as the images.

5.0 out of 5 stars Soothes and calms, 12 Nov 2013
Mr. Damian J. McGrath (Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Baby's Very First Book: Farm (Rag Book)
My 2-month old looks at this and it does take her attention and she likes squeezing the pages with her hand. It makes a noise which seems to entertain her. The faces in this, and other similar books, capture her eyes and when I move the book, she does try and follow it. It has stopped her crying on numerous occasions, which is deserving of 5 stars in my opinion!

5.0 out of 5 stars book, 3 Jan 2013
This review is from: Baby's Very First Book: Farm (Rag Book)
great present for my new born grandson, I am sure it will help stimulate him even though he is only a baby

5.0 out of 5 stars My Baby LOVED this book from when she was 1 week old!, 12 May 2010
Marie Conliffe "mc" (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Baby's Very First Book: Farm (Rag Book)
My Baby LOVED this book from when she was 1 week old and was holding it to look at it from 2 weeks!
We could not believe how interested she was in it!
It is very suitable for Newborns and would make a great gift. It is very durable and padded!
One of my best baby buys!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars stimulating entertainment for newborns and young babies, 28 May 2002
This review is from: Baby's Very First Book: Farm (Rag Book)
Baby's very first books (farm and pets) are beautifully designed fabric books. Their crinkly pages provide both tactile and auditory stimulation. The pictures comprise simple, fun pictures and geometric patterns, all printed in black and white with a contrasting colour. This simple yet marked contrast (although seemingly boring to adults) is what fascinates newborns and young babies. Further visual stimulation is provided by the addition of a mirror on the front cover - all babies love to stare at faces! These books also have a vecro tag in place so they can be easily fastened to the buggy, car seat, cot etc. These books really are the ideal first books for babies, and would make a great birth gift. My newborn twins are enthralled!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great success, 15 Jun 2010
J. Ballantyne (West Sussex) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Baby's Very First Book: Farm (Rag Book)
This book has just arrived and my twin boys of 5 weeks are really loving it. Especially the mirror and the shapes. They are not so interested in the faces yet though. Highly recommended.

Adding to this review - My boys chose to look at this book daily for at least 18 months. They seemed totally fascinated by it - even though it is very simple.

Baby's Very First Book: Farm
Baby's Very First Book: Farm by Jo Lodge (Rag Book - 22 Jun 2001)
4.79