4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent source of information for all aspects of fashion, 5 Jan 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Mastering Fashion Buying and Merchandising Management (Palgrave Master Series) (Paperback)
An easy read even for the fashion layman, all idea's behind buying,marketing and merchandising exposed, I researched topics in a business library prior to reading the book, only to discover that it was a waste of time because everything I needed was in the book...

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for all students, 6 Dec 2003
This book is extremely well written and great as an introduction to many areas of the fasion industry. Very easy to read. It is very thorough, and has a sense of humour too.
I am actually lucky enough to currently be a student to one of the authors of this book, and it is as good as being in one of his lectures.
I have worked myself in fashion and was able to indentify with many chapters in this book from my own experiences, - plus, there are plenty of new areas that I have learnt about!

5.0 out of 5 stars kristel, 19 Mar 2008
I am fashion business entrepreneur and also a fashion designer. Although I ve been trained in many areas of management within start ups companies and studied fashion design, i knew I needed to read more about fashion retailing. I bought this book to help me to understand more specifically the dynamics of a business structure within the fashion retailing industry and the balance between business and design.
I must say that this book is almost like a bible to me. It is a very good base to start organising a start up...but of course business is an art and there is not a definite picture to it and one have to adapt things. But the authors of this book achieved their goal in compiling it.
:-D quite long but the book deserves a long review!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Complete Handbook on buying and merchandising, 17 Jan 2009
Mr. A. Furlong "pocket_rocket" (London, England) - See all my reviews
I bought this book whilst embarking on a career in merchandising. It proved to be a fantastic introduction to the key principles of buying and merchandising. The first few months in a new head office role can be awkward and uncomfortable if you dont know what you're doing; but this book will help you to get an early grasp on the key planning processes and documents you will need to be familiar with.

I would also recommend this book to business and fashion students, as well as shop floor staff who are curious as to how buying and merchandising works.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 22 Nov 2010
This book was so useful. I read the book before I had an interview with arcadia for a Merchandising role and I so glad I did!!! Helped me a lot!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought for budding merchandiser, 13 Jan 2013
Dm Harrison (Worcester UK) - See all my reviews
Bought for my daughter who works in retail and wants to move on to merchandising side. Found it very helpful and complemented the knowledge already gleamed from working in store.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent buy, 7 July 2012
This book was highly recommended by my professors at London College of Fashion and rightly so. It is easy to read and clearly and succintly explains what the roles of a fashion buyer and merchandiser entails. It goes on to explain how the fashion business works with some very useful tips on negotiating. I would recommend this book to all those who want to understand what the roles actually entail.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Start for Buying and Merchandising, 18 Feb 2014
This book goes into a good amount of detail regarding this specific sector within the industry, which only now makes me really want to get into Buying and Merchandising. It also gets you to start thinking strategically about Retail from a business perspective.

I can't recommend this book enough for anyone like me, who is trying to transition from a completely unrelated field into the Retail industry.

The only reason it was given a four star, and not a five star, is because of the limited detail provided on implications of recent developments within e-commerce. But this is obviously due to the year of the books' publication, as I would love to know their thoughts on this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 22 Sep 2013
The bible for a fashion student who wants to be a buyer/allocator/ merchandiser etc. Best book I've read on my course.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must read for all fashion students, 4 Aug 2013
AMD (Dunstable, Bedfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
The content is put together very well, focusing on the roles of the fashion buyers and merchandisers; there is also a good amount of information about the designer's and garment technologist's jobs. Recommending to anyone in the industry - those, who are considering a career within these roles, as well as to those, who simply want to makes sense of how the fashion industry functions.

Mastering Fashion Buying and Merchandising Management (Palgrave Master Series)
17.84