Format: Paperback|Change

on 8 January 2002
An excellent book for learning about Analysis - although more about the general theory rather than how to actually perform the methods. A traditional analysis text, as opposed to something such as Burn's Numbers and Functions which consists largely of exercises. Sometimes, the solutions in this book can be a little scant, but for looking up proofs and theorems it is very useful. Recommended by everybody on my degree course, and very useful to me.
on 15 September 2006
In the first year of my maths degree I was lost... until I found this book. It's unbelievable!! It makes sense, it has nice little historic interest bits and most importantly it'll answer all the exam questions. You won't need another analysis book. I actually love it... yes, I do realise it's just a textbook but trust me, you'll love it too.
on 15 March 2009
This book really helped me get to grips with analysis at degree level, which is something I know a lot of people initially struggle with. What makes this book very good is the number of example questions availible to you, which is a much to in trying to get to grips with the work. It covers a lot of material and as i've said in my title is well written and easy to understand.
on 23 October 2011
I too purchased this book during year 1 of a mathematics degree and, personally, feel contrary to most reviewers' opinions. The material, again in my view, is not very well explained at all and comes across as cumbersome and non-accessible.
By comaprison, the David Brannan's 'First course in Mathematical analysis' is infintely better.
on 24 November 2012
good guide to college level analysis, although relatively expensive. many good examples included and answers are provided. i would like to recommend it to everyone.
on 5 February 2003
This book was the best value for money out of all the books I have ever bought. It covers everything you will need to know to start off your analysis coverage. Proofs are both concise but fully acceptable under examinable conditions. Definately worth buying. I used this in my first year of my Mathematics degree course.
on 29 May 2013
This is a good, gentle introduction to mathematical analysis, written in a readily comprehensible and engaging style, so concepts are easy to grasp. It is accessible to anyone with A Level maths, and is suitable not just for students but also for maths enthusiasts not doing formal study.
Helpful book, but lacks extensive examples and sometimes is hard to follow, but would reccomend. Fast shipping, good seller.
on 31 January 2011
Brand new as stated. Very good service, arrived promply and well within the timescale indicated. Would recommend this supplier to others.
on 20 September 2014