1 Review

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible! The most complete works of Economics to date, suited to everybody!, 1 May 2013
This review is from: The New Palgrave Dictionary of Economics (Hardcover)
Everything about this 8 volumed 'Dictionary' or rather Encyclopedia is amazing. So much depth and analysis on a single term you may have always considered arbitary. I don't have enough money to buy my own set, so I use the University Library's and it has never failed to disappoint me. I usually spend 1-3 hours procrastinating over the lives of economists, as well as things like the 'economics of China' which is fascinating. As a student of History, Mathematics and Economics, these volumes have enough case studies that involve history, philosophy and maths to keep me more than satisfied. I haven't found a single entry which I think can be improved upon; this is seriously the dream of any economist

The volumes themselves are very thick as you can see on the preview and on printed on good quality paper, i.e. the ink does not seep through the back. I'm no Guthenberg but I think if Wikipedia has satisfied your knowledge enough, have a look at these. As for the writing, it is clear and coherent, well written and usually proved by complex mathematics (if you don't enjoy math's the verbal solutions are still excellent). Seriously the interdependence of economics with ALL other subjects is huge and these volumes show exactly that.

Once I get a job, these books will be the first on my shelf. If you have the money- BUY THEM. If not just ask your library to get them in stock, these volumes are delightful and suited to anybody.

The New Palgrave Dictionary of Economics
The New Palgrave Dictionary of Economics by Professor Steven N. Durlauf (Hardcover - 12 May 2008)
2,050.00