5.0 out of 5 stars A FANTASTIC READ!, 11 April 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Fire Bringer (Hardcover)
It is a book about a deer who is born with a strange mark on his head, which is described in a prophecy that the deer have listened to for many a year.As the story continues more and more of the prophecy comes true, as the deer,Rannoch,is forced to flee with his friends.The heard is run by an evil deer who only cares about power.A surprising ending.I thought this book was going to be a bit long winded but was nothing of the sort.I suggest anyone who wishes to read the book finds out what a CHANGELING is first!
I thought this book was excellent.Though it was written with children in mind I felt it had some fairly adult bits.For example,I thought there was a bit of philosiphy in it and some adult words.You can read as a child's book, but you can read it,and see something deeper in it ,as I did.I don't usually enjoy animal books but this was definitely an exeption.I suggest it to anyone who wants a long, satisfying read.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!!!!!!!!!, 19 Feb 2005
Victoria (Oxfordshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fire Bringer (Paperback)
This book is incredible! I read it in 3 days and I could not put it down.
It is about a deer called rannoch who ( so the legends say) is the saviour of deer. He was born with a oak leaf on his forhead and He has to learn how to fight Sgorr who killed Rannochs father. I wont tell you anymore because I will ruin it for you. GET THIS BOOK!!!!IT IS SO GRIPPING!

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT! THE BEST BOOK FOR AGES!, 3 Sep 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Fire Bringer (Hardcover)
Brilliant! I thought it sounded really boring but I really loved it. After thinking all is lost it comes back. There are many ups and downs for this book. I found that to know the page of the prophacey really helpful as it is useful to go back and read it. Anyone can read it and I would read it again and again!

5.0 out of 5 stars New favourite book!, 30 Mar 2011
This review is from: Fire Bringer (Paperback)
I finished this book last night and it was one of the best books I have ever read! Every night I was reading it I went to bed early just to read it and still ended up staying up until about 3:00 am!

This book is a must for any animal lover, it has imagination in the prophecies of the deer and the characters are very well developed. The cliffhangers at the end of each chapter are annoying at times though simply because you want to find out what happens! The emotion is very well written and you can feel it as you read, there is a mix of happiness and sadness in the book which means that it's rather difficult to guess exactly what's going to happen next. It has adult themes at times in the sense of violence.
The only thing that really annoyed me about this book was that the chapters were rather large, but that's only because I'm a slow reader and don't like to stop in the middle of a chapter.

Like I said, one of the best books I've ever read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic saga - perfect for adults and children (10+), 8 July 2009
Script Angel (Solihull, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fire Bringer (Paperback)
An utterly compelling, easy read with a powerful prose style. Rannoch's (a red deer) story of belief, destiny, courage and treachery is a great saga. The story might be as old as time itself but that doesn't stop this feeling fresh and exciting. A must-read for animal-lovers and lovers of epic sagas.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book. You won't regret buying it, 9 Jan 2008
This review is from: Fire Bringer (Paperback)
This is the first book in this series and the order is: Fire Bringer, The Sight, Fell. This is a good book and I would suggest it for ages 11 and above. I first read this book when I was about 9 and I enjoyed it but there where some things I didn't understand. It is not vital that you have read this book to be able to read the Sight and Fell as there is only one mention of Fire Bringer in The Sight and it's not important. However, I suggest buying them all as they are all great books and worth even the RRP (which is unusual :D).

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Book, 9 July 2007
Alison B. Hammett "Mimoduck1" (Crouch End London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fire Bringer (Paperback)
I love this book!!!!!!!!!!! My mum got me this book when we were on holiday and I couldn't put it down. I love all of David Clement-Davies books and I would highly recomend this books and all of his other books aswell!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars "the best i've read in a long time", 4 July 2007
This review is from: Fire Bringer (Paperback)
I first read this when i was 10 and have kept comming back to it ever since! This novel is hugely moving and very original. It grips you from the first page to the last and the characters are wonderful. I actually can't think of any negative points about this book. I highly recommend it to children and adults alike- you won't be disapointed!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars As a birthday present, 28 May 2007
J. Kenny "JK" (Dorset, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fire Bringer (Paperback)
I didn't actually read the book, I got it as a birthday present for my sister, but it was worth every penny I spent for it (apparently!).

She liked the storyline of the book and the feelings it evoked, so she managed to finish reading it in 3 days (I don't know how, but she did). The book was delivered in mint condish and we were both very pleased.

The only niggle she mentioned was the way the deer were used to show human behaviour (and Commnists for some reason too?!) and the need for a little more originality in the story. Otherwise, no outstanding complaints for the way this book was written. Real book worms would love this one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fire Bringer, 20 May 2007
xxlittlewolfxx (a forest in west Sussex) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fire Bringer (Paperback)
Fire Bringer is an amazing book, i have just finnished reading it and am extremely sorry tht i have

from the moment that you start reading of Rannoch and his fawn mark you are instantly gripped

if you are unsure about reading this book then dont be put off by the fact that it is about deer because throughout most of the story you dont really think of the charatcers as being deer but humans, despite the frequent references to them being deer

i would strongly recommend this to all people who enjoy a gripping tale of fantasy, animals and even history

read it you no you want to

Fire Bringer
Fire Bringer by David Clement-Davies (Hardcover - 8 Oct 1999)
Used & New from: 0.01