on 19 July 2000
The bright colours and zany drawings make this a very appealing nursery rhyme book for tinies. My 11 month old daughter and I love opening this book at any page and while I read, she looks at the pictures. No other nursery rhyme book holds her attention for long. Yesterday she picked it up and brought it to me for reading and sat contentedly on my lap while I read and sang my way through 5 pages. I have one of the smaller handback additions also which is great for travelling. I highly recommend it as the first nursery rhyme book you buy for your baby.
on 21 May 2001
I read this to my two year old son, Alexander, every single night without fail. He loves all the bright pictures and even sings along with me!
on 9 August 2010
I bought this to remind myself about nursery rhymes as I've forgotten the words to most of the songs I new as a child and wanted to be able to sing them to my daughter.

It's a lovely colourful book with nice pictures to go with each rhyme. When my daughter is old enough she should enjoy looking at the pictures whilst we sing the songs together.

The rhymes that are in the book are: Jack and Jill
Jack be nimble
I had a little nut tree
One, two, buckle my shoe
Humpty Dumpty
Sing a song of sixpence
Old Mother Hubbard
Little Miss Muffet
The lion and the unicorn
Mary, Mary quite contrary
Polly put the kettle on
Oh, the Grand old Duke of York
Mary had a little lamb
Rub -a-dub-dub
The Queen of Hearts
One, two, three, four
Tom, Tom, the pipers son
and lastly, Wee Willie Winkie.
on 7 June 2009
Some of the ryhmes in this book have different lyrics from the ones I know ie Jack and Jill (a mention of Old Dame Frown??) The "brave" old duke of york?
Other rhymes are shortened versions. One review I read before I purchased this collection raves about the wonderful illustrations?? I didn't find them so good. Unfortunately this book just sits on the shelf,ignored by myself and my nursery rhyme mad 2 year old.
on 1 March 2009
A fantastic brightly coloured book. My son loves looking at all the pictures and I'm hoping will soon be joining in saying the rhymes! The only down side is that it's made of paper, and very easily ripped.
on 25 August 2008
Lovely bright coloured book with favorite nursery rhymes for all ages! The pages are made of quailty material, and the illustrations, although simple, and bright and eye catching. My son is now familiar with many nursery rhymes and loves this book, he has his own favorites! A nice addition I thought with his book was that there are some 2nd verses to rhymes I didn't know had 2nd verses, such as 'Old Mother Hubbard'. I have no hesitation in recommending this book for ages 18 months plus or so!
on 16 February 2009
Santa bought this book for my little girl at christmas. She is coming three shortly. She absolutely loves the pictures and insists on reading a new nursery rhyme each night before bed. She can recite so many of them by herself already. Great buy, would recommend to everyone.
on 25 March 2009
I bought this book for my daughter expecting her first child. So it hasn't been tested on the child but it is very attractively presented. Ideal for reading to very young child as well as when they use it themselves.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 29 September 2012
This is just the perfect collection of all the classic nursery rhymes in one place. My baby loves Lucy Cousin's Maisy books and this, too, has been a great hit! Love the colourful pictures and my baby especially loves Humpty Dumpty's image. It would've been even better if the pages were made of cardboard to make the book tear-proof, but I think that would make it too bulky as there are loads of poems in there. Brilliant second-hand buy, I think I got mine from Oxfam books and I'm a regular online customer of theirs. Always great service and prompt delivery, plus you know you're helping a good cause. Thanks!
on 11 September 2010
A lovely book with nice colourful pictures. My 3 month old daughter enjoys mornings sitting looking at the pictures whilst daddy sings the rhymes. A roaring success.