5.0 out of 5 stars A Gruffalo, what's a Gruffalo?
The Gruffalo is one of the best children's book I have ever read!

I bought it when my eldest daughter was 18 months or so and she loved the rhyming and the pictures.

Now she is 5 she can read it alone and she now 'gets' the more adult bits of the books (like the fact that the Gruffalo thinks the animals are scared of the mouse, whilst they're...
Published on 21 Nov 2006 by S. Hearl

3.0 out of 5 stars Audiobook review!
First thing i need to mention is that the reviews listed are for all products and not just the audio book!!
I think that was a little misleading as i look at the number of 5 stars when i buy a product rather than reading through every review, so it gave the impression that this product was much better than it turned out to be. I rarely write reviews but i was...
Published 17 months ago by B. Greenberg

‹ Previous | 154 55 5662 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Gruffalo rocks!, 22 Jun 2009
C Swinton "Chantal" (West Yorkshire UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Gruffalo (Board book)
Bought this to read for my 2.5yr old daughter, who absolutely loves this and the Gruffalo's child. Well written with rhyming verse and beautiflly illustrated. My girl enjoys it when i change my voice and explain the pictures, even at 2.5yrs, would recommend this to anyone who enjoys reading to thier children....Chantal, UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Story, Memorable Text- What Else Do You Need?, 19 Jun 2009
Lewis Graham "lewisgraham" (East Anglia) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: The Gruffalo (Paperback)
This is a charming, clever and well-judged story. It's also not "nice" - the Gruffalo plans on eating the mouse at first - which means children just delight in it. The text is also fantastically memorable: I was on a business trip recently chatting to another daddy who had read it to his children and we could remember just about all of it... It is also beautifully illustrated and there is a wealth of detail to go over.

If a measure of a books success is how many copies your children receive the The Gruffalo is only just behind The Hungry Caterpillar in our house - high praise indeed. A genuine modern classic.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Gruffalo, 14 Jun 2009
L. bowen (birmingham. uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Gruffalo (Paperback)
Excellent book for the kids, (i enjoyed it too) well written rhyming story book, well drawn too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable read, 5 Jun 2009
This review is from: The Gruffalo (Paperback)
Id heard so much about this book that i think id expected a little too much from it. It is a funny, charmingly illustrated book, with a clever little mouse out thinking all the animals in the forest, and surviving against the odds. We'd recently read "Stick man", by the same author and illustrator, Julia Donaldson & Axel Scheffler,
and that is still the favourite, but they are an excellant series of childrens stories.

4.0 out of 5 stars Joy to read, 3 Jun 2009
A. Summerfield (The Netherlands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Gruffalo (Board book)
The GruffaloThis book is a joy to read and a joy to listen to for children of all ages. You can add you own touch with different voices and make it as funny or scary as you want. The rime flows well and the pictures are great with more detail than the story requires. My daughter loves it and that the best yard stick I have.

5.0 out of 5 stars A "must have" book for all toddlers!, 15 May 2009
This review is from: The Gruffalo (Board book)
To put it quite simply - you must buy this book for your children or as a gift for any children you know.
I bought it 10 years ago for my eldest child (who is now 11) and now my little boy who is 2 absolutely loves it too.
The story is really quite charming - the little mouse manages to make all the creatures in the wood afraid of him, including the gruffalo! This is a positive message to put across to little ones who are small people in a big world.
The rhymes are extremely catchy, and very cleverly written. The illustrations are brilliant too.
It gets 5 stars from me and my children - they love it and so will you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 9 May 2009
This review is from: The Gruffalo (Board book)
Great book, very rhythmical and creative interesting and innovative idea of using the mouse especially how the mouse sends his fear into fooling every creature who is stronger than him.

Because its so rhythmical my 3 year old has begun to remember the words and sing it around the house.

5.0 out of 5 stars The gruffalo, 6 April 2009
L. M. Van Bokkel (Netherlands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Gruffalo (Paperback)
Read this book in Dutch and bought it for my English speaking grandson who knows it by heart!

5.0 out of 5 stars Gruffa daddy, Gruffa!, 25 Mar 2009
B. Ford (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Gruffalo (Hardcover)
I bought this for my 21 month old toddler, and he absolutely loves it! I've since had to read it to him every night before bed, but I'm still not bored of it (well, perhaps a little bit!) I've since had to go on and buy Room on a Broom and Snail and the Whale. Great story, great illustrations - a must for all parents and their kids!

5.0 out of 5 stars Not again...., 20 Mar 2009
This review is from: The Gruffalo (Board book)
....but my son shows no mercy: "Again! Again!"
"The mouse took a stroll through the deep dark wood..."
Absolutely fantastic book, great rhymes and drawings.

‹ Previous | 154 55 5662 | Next ›

The Gruffalo
The Gruffalo by Julia Donaldson (Paperback - 27 Aug 1999)
4.00