Format: Paperback|Change

on 23 February 2004
This book deals with a wide range of mental health issues which are certainly of relevance to anyone working in this field. The many contributors have a great deal valuable experience and specialised knowledge and the content is rich and varied as a result. As good as it is, I certainly would not describe this as a core, "must-have" text. Also, this text was published in 1996 and your £55 might go a long way towards something more up-to-date instead, like a journal subscription, library membership or the next of edition of this book, to which I look forward with interest! If the text is required reading on a course or module a library loan might suffice, but if you must buy it it will certainly not go to loss!
on 31 January 2007
Well!!!! I had to by this book as part of my course. And all I can say is that you either have to be a book worm to sail through the book or already have alot of knowledge of mental heath. The book is quite informative. But it is not easy reading, So be prepared to set side aot of time into understanding the book. If you have a short attention span, then you may need to buy the audio if its avaliable. I wouldn't suggest this book for people that would like to gain a general insite in to the world of mental health.