5.0 out of 5 stars Buster's Day
Published on 15 Nov 2003

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible condition!
Published 11 months ago by ruby

5.0 out of 5 stars Buster's Day, 15 Nov 2003
By A Customer
A Lovely book from Rod Campbell, Buster the baby spends his day around the home and in the garden meeting lots of familiar things ie brushes, the hoover, cake, biscuits, items sometimes overlooked as they probably aren't viewed as that exciting. Ideal for babies just learning their first words, the little flaps are beautifuly fitted into the illustrations making it a really interesting book for this age group.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of Campbell's best, 31 Oct 2007
Dr. H. Payne - See all my reviews
This was one of the first books I bought for my son by Rod Campbell. He adored it. Now his little sister has it and SHE adores it. The illustrations are charmingly simple, yet include sweet attentions to detail allowing you to name incidental objects in the home and garden that are relevant to a small person's life - different fruit, biscuits, toys, saucepans, creatures etc.

The text is appropriately minimal without being completely inane: "Buster finds lots to do all day long. Buster helps with the washing. What's in the washing machine?". Every page is some such small domestic scene that any small person can identify with. It is homely, comforting and familiar.

An earlier reviewer slated this for teaching small children dangerous habits around the house. I feel that this book is targetted at such young children that the danger is not relevant - when I started to read this to my children they were not even walking so the idea of them climbing into the bath unaided because of a story I'd read them never crossed my mind. My children never noticed the absence of an adult in the book, the story is about the little boy - the fact that an adult is reading it is sufficient for them.

My experience of reading this to my little ones has always been positive. Also, the flaps have been lifted and tugged repeatedly and are reasonably robust. I heartily recommend this to all parents of infants.

5.0 out of 5 stars Busters Day, 10 Nov 2006
Samantha Collier (Manchester, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Buster's Day: Lift-the-flap Book (Picturemac) (Paperback)
My Son of 3 got this book for his birthday and adores it !! He has learnt so many new things lifting the flaps and seeing what is in the cupboards and over the fence. It is now his new favourite bedtime book and reads it over and over again. I will certainly be buying all the other Buster books to see what other adventures he gets up to....

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible condition!, 8 Sep 2013
I've never written an Amazon review before but felt compelled on this occasion. The book is a lift a flap book but it arrived with two of the flaps torn off despite being described as in a "very good condition" by the seller. Even worse was the thick, brown stain on the cover (Chocolate? Excrement?) that had to be removed with a brillo pad before I finally decided to bin on health grounds. Disgusting condition and I would reconsider ever buying used products from Amazon again. I paid nearly the same price as new for this.

4.0 out of 5 stars Condition poorer than expected, 31 May 2013
This review is from: Buster's Day: Lift-the-flap Book (Picturemac) (Paperback)
Great book. My lo loves to lift the flaps and point to the object. Unfortunately there were a few flaps missing and many were taped back on. The book was grubby and not quite what I expected for 'good' condition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 22 Mar 2012
sam155 (Wales) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Buster's Day: Lift-the-flap Book (Picturemac) (Paperback)
My 2 year old is already a fan of Buster's Zoo and this was no disappointment. With simple illustrations, not too much text, and lovely lift the flap features, this is a great book for this age range.

It is helping with my son's vocabulary as there are prompt questions on each page and everyday objects in the illustrations.

Excellent-another great book from Mr Campbell.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 24 Oct 2007
I bought this book for my 14 month old and although she loves the book I will not be letting her look at it once she is too much older. I think in general the Rod Campbell books are very good, but to write a book that shows an unsupervised baby trying to reach up to get into a kitchen cupboard for some food, and have a bath by itself is, I feel, more than a little irresponsible. The only way I will let my child have this book when she is a bit older is to change the wording on the first page to 'Buster is a naughty baby!'

Buster's Day: Lift-the-flap Book (Picturemac)
Buster's Day: Lift-the-flap Book (Picturemac) by Rod Campbell (Paperback - 1 Oct 1994)
Used & New from: 0.01