5.0 out of 5 stars A fabulous book you'll use again... and again
I first came across this book when I borrowed it from a friend 25 years ago.
At the time I was on twice daily anti-histamines for hay fever, and they were losing their power to alleviate symptoms. I was worried about how many I would end up needing so decided to have a look in here for an alternative.

I found following the instructions very simple, and in...
Published 20 months ago by PippaD

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star
Homeopathy is nonsense! There is no clinical evidence that it works!http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/homeopathy/Pages/Introduction.aspx
Published 20 days ago by Matthew Mcfadyen

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A fabulous book you'll use again... and again, 13 July 2013
This review is from: The Complete Homeopathy Handbook: A Guide to Everyday Health Care (Paperback)
I first came across this book when I borrowed it from a friend 25 years ago.

I found following the instructions very simple, and in a short space of time, had worked out a few personal hay fever remedies.
I tried the first remedy with disappointingly little effect. So a day or 2 later I tried the 2nd remedy that had been indicated.
GOOD GRIEF!!!!!! Incredible result! My symptoms vanished pretty much immediately and didn't return for around 2 DECADES!
I ordered the book and started working out remedies for my friends, their children, and my pets. The majority of the time, the results were amazing - especially with my dogs.

I would buy my remedies online at a reputable homoeopathic supply company. The remedies were inexpensive and arrived in a couple of days.

I went on to buy more advanced books on the subject but 8 times out of 10, this one proved the simplest and the best.
I would VERY HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, 4 Dec. 2003
Mairi Frost (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I found this book very interesting. It gives a reasonable amount of information for the beginner and is certainly a good starting point. Easy to understand, it gives sound information on prescribing, case-taking and remedies. An enjoyable book

5.0 out of 5 stars Homeopathy for starters and the rest, 3 Jan. 2011
This is an excellent book which I have had and used for many years. It goes over a lot of basic info which many ordinary users would likely not know nor understand. And discusses commonly used Remedies helping the reader to pick the right one.

It should be apparent that professionals are not going into detail or uses of the more complicated remedies, with which some may need help and perhaps could get into trouble. It is not intended as a book in which to look up something you have been prescribed by a Homeopath.

If you want to know more of the very many remedies, there are always the Materia Medicas where you can gain this information.

Homeopathy has been used now for hundreds of years, and it should be very apparent to all that it works well for those who know how to prescribe and take it. I have used it for many decades as well as via the London Homeopathic Hospital when I had Glandular fever way back. I have used it for years on my Animals who are successfully treated, often with the help of the original and best Homeopathic Vet -the late and much missed George Macloud MRCVS whose legacy is a library of works on Homeopathic Animal Treatment. I do know he used to have 60 x phone calls a day from every kind of person, many being Farmers. The fact that this treatment is now so popular should make all realise that it works, and well. It would not be so popular unless people got results.

(Sadly one must remember these days there are those who use the media to negative effect for their own reasons)

5.0 out of 5 stars The Homoeopathic Handbook, 16 Feb. 2010
This is a fantastic, must have book for the home prescriber in homoeopathy. Suitable for those new to homoeopathy and those with more experience.

Gives very solid background information in homoeopathy.

Very, very easy to use and understand. THE book to have to have.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for your bookshelf whether a homeopathy beginner or expert, 16 Oct. 2014
I love this book and use it as my homeopathic bible. There is a 1-2 page spread on each remedy which tells you about it's origin, typical personality profile and common uses. At the back, and the section I use most, is a quick look up section where you can look for a problem, say a cough, and it will summarize the remedies that will help. You can then refer back to the remedy profile pages to work out which one will be suitable for you. There are also grids at the back to help with remedy finding but i don't use those so much because I am only really a beginner when it comes to homeopathy.

This book is a must for anyone interested in homeopathy, no matter what level of knowledge.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Complete Homeopathy Handbook, 23 Mar. 2010
Mr. Paul Grant (Cheshire) - See all my reviews
The book is in excellent condition, like new. It is easy to use. Would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this book. Its a very clear guide to homeopathy. I have 4 children and have used this book to successfully treat then all, 21 Feb. 2015
I love this book. Its a very clear guide to homeopathy useful for beginners and those with more experience in homeopathy. I have 4 children and have used this book to successfully treat then all and myself through many an acute illness: from headaches to sickness bugs, colds and flu, chicken pox and to alleviate sprains and twists etc. I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars One To Keep Handy, 4 Sept. 2009
This is a must-have book for every family. Keep it handy at all times!

5.0 out of 5 stars ... to Homeopathy fell apart from use and I am delighted to have a readable copy on my shelves again, 1 Sept. 2014
R. Dennistoun (UK) - See all my reviews
My first copy of this classic introduction to Homeopathy fell apart from use and I am delighted to have a readable copy on my shelves again.
It's always best to see the advice of a Registered Homeopath but for those occasional household emergencies, Ms Castro is the book of choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect handbook from experienced homeopath, 12 April 2014
This book is perfect to teach you the fundamentals of homeopathy and for the necessary knowledge to look after yourself and yours. It shows you how to do a good diagnosis, knowing that way, the remedy to use. A must have for someone that wants to use homeopathy to better their health.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

The Complete Homeopathy Handbook: A Guide to Everyday Health Care
The Complete Homeopathy Handbook: A Guide to Everyday Health Care by Miranda Castro (Paperback - 23 May 1991)
Used & New from: £0.44