5.0 out of 5 stars Living Dangerously
What a fantastic book!
Mesmerising, captivating and hysterically funny in places. The reader never feels bored, even in the part where he describes the 9-5 office job he had for some time.
Published on 7 Oct 2004

3.0 out of 5 stars Thinking of buying the CD - an evening with Fiennes?
Published on 9 Aug 2006 by C. Chiverton

5.0 out of 5 stars Living Dangerously, 7 Oct 2004
By A Customer
What a fantastic book!
Fiennes' command of the English (and French) language is as exceptional as the rest of this mans life. It has probably been said before, but I can't help feeling that if anyone at all should and could write an autobiography, it is this man and this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A thrilling story of courage and self determination, 14 Oct 2003
This review is from: Living Dangerously (Hardcover)
This book defines what the human body is capable of if the mind is strong, Fiennes encapsulates everything good about mankind, and how his own journey of self-discovery changed him.
Starting with his boyhood in South Africa, the author takes you on a collosal journey with him through his lifes ups and downs, his close human relationships and his self beleif, a remarkable acheivement, if there is one book you must read in your life, it is this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Adventure at is best., 27 Dec 2006
PC Plod (Stoke on Trent, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Living Dangerously (Paperback)
I was given this book some time ago, it has been published twice, the most recent publication has a further antarctic expedition with Mike Stroud included. The book is well written and contains some fantastic stories and anecdotes about a true adventurous soul. The book takes you along with him as he travels the world, seeing the hardships and the laughs as though you were there. Fantastic read, buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiration in a PC world, 11 Jan 2008
J. Westcott (Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Living Dangerously (Paperback)
I've just finished Ranulph's book and it was a fantastic read. I've been a disabled soldier since 18, now 49. In the last 5 years my health has deteriorated considerably, i've nearly died twice after opeations and i'm left with a legacy of agonizing daily pain for which their is no cure, albeit some small relief by medication. Reading this book has proved invaluable in helping me cope with the darkest moments of pain in my life and has given me the inspiration to battle on, as when you read about the hardships Ranulph suffered in his quest to reach his goal you realize maybe you're not so bad off as you thought. You have to look at your pain as a Polar plod, some days you'll gain some not. Thanks.

4.0 out of 5 stars super read, but Beyond the limits is even better., 4 Jan 2001
By A Customer
I read these books the wrong way round Beyond the Limits then Living Dangerously. its well written, with perfectly timed examples of his life. its well worth the doe.

5.0 out of 5 stars as expected -, 8 Mar 2010
This review is from: Living Dangerously (Paperback)
I know this book, so no surprises. It was a gift for someone else. Condition, delevery date were all most satisfactory, thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars great service, 12 Feb 2010
This is the first time I have used Amazon.
Very happy with the price, service and quality of the book. I will certainly be using Amazon again.
Happy reading

3.0 out of 5 stars Thinking of buying the CD - an evening with Fiennes?, 9 Aug 2006
C. Chiverton (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I just think it should be cheaper or longer. I'm reading Living Dangerously right now (picked up signed copy in a charity shop)and am very much enjoying it. Someone I know said I should get this CD, so I did. He does speak very well in it and is rather funny at times. Kind of stand up comedy in many ways and informative at same time. It says running time approx 2 hours. Now I haven't checked this out properly but it didn't last 3 journey's to and from work on my car CD player so I find it hard to imagine it being more than an hour and a half of talking. It does flow very well though, and maybe it's because of this that I just felt hard done by when it finished so soon. It was the first and probably last audio book I will buy. Buy this for someone who hasn't got time to read or who is blind. I would probably of been happy to have received this as a present but feel my money would of been far better spent on getting another book and listening to the radio in the car. I just hope that any profits go towards some worthy cause...

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 31 July 2014
This review is from: Living Dangerously (Paperback)
This book is very interesting, but the photo quality in the book was very poor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Living Dangerously - Outstanding Example of Masculine Excellence, 28 Mar 2007
W. Fabricius "David The Lionheart" (Brownwood Texas) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Living Dangerously (Paperback)
Sir Ranulph Fiennes OBE offers an outstanding example of masculine excellence to every man and boy who feels the spirit of adventure flowing in his veins.Living Dangerously inspires and educates and demonstrates the value of the right character, attitude, proper planning, effective organizing, strong leadership, teamwork, disipline, persistenceand creative thinking.It remains my personal all time most treasured secular book and i highly recommend it to every real man who have a big dream and the courage to do what most will say is impossible.As a global business motivational speaker and seasoned adventurer i give Living Dangerously two entusiastic thumbs up as a must read for men of action and excellence.

- David Fabricius Brownwood Texas USA.

Living Dangerously
Living Dangerously by Sir Ranulph Fiennes (Hardcover - 19 Oct 1987)
Used & New from: £0.01