5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book for a rhyming 4-year-old
Published 24 months ago by bethelbunch

2.0 out of 5 stars A disappointing picture book.
Published on 9 Aug 2011 by Mr T Niwa

2.0 out of 5 stars A disappointing picture book., 9 Aug 2011
Mr T Niwa (Belfast, Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Rhyming Rabbit (Hardcover)
My 3 year old daughter loves a lot of Julia Donaldson's books (especially 'What the Ladybird Heard') and so do I but this book is real disappointment. I bought it because of the 'Donaldson' name but must agree with one other person who has reviewed it that the ending is a bit of a let down. What also disappoints me is that there is a phrase in here where the main character is told to 'Shut up!!' by one of the other characters (these are the exact words!). Now, I changed the words to 'shush' or 'be quiet' and if my three year old caught wind of the fact it says 'shut up' I'm sure she would be using that here and at nursery school, something I do not want to endorse as a parent. How this got to publishing...I do not know! Sufficed to say we also bought 'Jack and the Flum Flum Tree' by Donaldson at the same time as this (both bought blindly based on online reviews) and she really loves that one. My wife and I both agree that this is not a good book and one we will not be reading often to our daughters.

2.0 out of 5 stars My least favourite from this author..., 17 July 2013
This review is from: The Rhyming Rabbit (Paperback)
The story line is quite long winded and my son gets bored and trys to shut the book. The rabbit comes across as a little annoying and I personally don't like reading the words 'shut-up' in a children's book. I think it's important that children's books appeal to adults too as they are the ones reading it each night. The glitter parts are nice but it ends up not being a regular read.

3.0 out of 5 stars disappointing ending, 5 Jun 2011
This review is from: The Rhyming Rabbit (Hardcover)
I am a huge fan of Julia Donaldson and have bought most of her books for my two sons (4 and 2) who love them as much as I do and have bought many as gifts for friends. As usual her rhyming text is brilliant and the Lydia Monks illustrations are great. However, I felt that the ending let the book down. It seemed that she ran out of ideas and a book which could have been great (brilliant idea of a rhyming rabbit meeting different animals on his journey away from his warren) ended up just average. My 4 year old who absolutley adores her books and can recite most of them by heart just looked at me blankly as I finished the book as he couldn't understand why it just appeared to end abruptly without any exciting conclusion. Unfortunately this has ended up sitting on our bookshelf which is a first for one her books.

1.0 out of 5 stars Hmmm What a disappointing end, 21 Nov 2012
This review is from: The Rhyming Rabbit (Paperback)
I loved the illustrations on this book but every time I read it I am so disappointed by the ending. I seems to just flop and we feel there should be more. My daughter looks totally perplexed at the end (as if she's thinking 'and the point is....?) so now it is on the shelf gathering dust. What a shame......

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book for a rhyming 4-year-old, 26 April 2012
This review is from: The Rhyming Rabbit (Hardcover)
My nearly-4-year-old daughter asked to borrow this book from the library, and when I saw it was about making up rhymes I had to agree, as she's always doing this herself. She enjoyed the different rhymes the rabbit made up, but her favourite bit of the book has to be the raised, rough, glittery bits on every page! I like the idea that the rabbit was unappreciated by everyone until at last it finds a kindred soul, and hope that will encourage her to keep being herself despite possible disapproval. It is now definitely going on my daughter's wish list!

4.0 out of 5 stars OK, 21 Oct 2011
This review is from: The Rhyming Rabbit (Hardcover)
Bought this for my 2 year old granddaughter. Both she and my grandson (5) enjoyed it. Have several Julia Donaldson books which they enjoy but this one doesn't seem to 'flow' as well as the others.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing :-(, 17 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Rhyming Rabbit (Paperback)
I bought this book as we usually love Julia Donaldson's work (especially Paper Dolls!) but unfortunately niether myself or my 2 year old Daughter enjoyed this one. Its very long winded and quite boring and if i take it out of the pile she says 'not that one mummy!' or will close the book mid-read in favour of another one. Like previous posts I wasnt too keen on the word shut up and i changed it to 'be quiet' and i also thought the ending was a bit rubbish!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 20 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Rhyming Rabbit (Paperback)
My Son loves this book and amongst other by the same author a favourite bedtime story he has them on an every changing rota now :) Seller great it was a smooth purchase and delivery.

4.0 out of 5 stars Julia Donaldson can do no wrong, 13 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Rhyming Rabbit (Paperback)
My little boy has been reading this at play school, so bought him a copy. Always love her books and this one does not disappoint.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!!, 27 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Rhyming Rabbit (Paperback)
Loved by my 3 yr old daughter, the rhyming is wonderful and means my daughter can join in! Excellent teaching tool.

ARRAY(0xbab55c48)

The Rhyming Rabbit
The Rhyming Rabbit by Julia Donaldson (Paperback - 24 May 2012)
3.85