5.0 out of 5 stars Good Read
Not my usual choice but it was on offer so I thought I'd give it a go. I thoroughly enjoyed it. A very interesting read showing the difference between the two cultures of the main characters. I loved how the story line went from the 1980's back to the childhoods of the older characters. I will be reading more Annie Murray in future.
Published 21 months ago by Lynn

3.0 out of 5 stars Knots and tangles sorted by talking
Published 20 months ago by Francesca

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Read, 4 July 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars My daughter, My mother, 11 April 2012
This review is from: My Daughter, My Mother (Paperback)
A good story, not my usuual read but thoroughly enjoyed the different way of lives, highly recommend. Usually like books set in war time Britain but this was set in the 80's and as an 80's child I could identify with the times!

5.0 out of 5 stars Family Drama, 15 July 2012
A Thomas-Davis (Wales) - See all my reviews
I saw this book advertised for just 20p and although its very different to the thrillers, and urban fantasy that I mostly read, as I lived in Birmingham at the time the book was set, I fancied a trip down memory lane and thought I'd give it a go.Basically it about 2 families one Asian , one white living in various parts of B'ham,its about their every day lives and also how events in the past like the war affected some of them, and had ongoing consequences.Its about how they all interact, and it was good.I did enjoy the references to places in B'ham, and it even included Dudley Rd Hospital where I used to work, and Kings Heath where I used to live.I think even if these places mean nothing to you if you enjoy family dramas and a well written story you will enjoy this,as I said not my usual style of book, but it was an enjoyable read.

3.0 out of 5 stars Knots and tangles sorted by talking, 21 Aug 2012
This was a lovely book to be in the midst of reading but on reflection once finished a bit of a disappointment. The resolution, despite the long journey to get there, felt rather too easy. Everyone seemed to be able to resolve their entrenched psychological difficulties and emotional hangups as soon as they had disclosed them honestly to a sympathetic listener. One felt the book might easily have been written by a student of psychotherapy like one of the characters in the book. As a reader I certainly cared about the characters and wanted to know what would happen to them but I felt, sadly, that the ending did not live up to reality as truthfully as it depicted people's past lives and their inner thoughts and feelings. I would read another Annie Murray but hope she develops a bit more courage as a story-teller.

4.0 out of 5 stars My Daughter My Mother, 2 Jun 2012
I brought this book on Kindle deal of the day,didn't know anything about the author or the book just liked the title, really glad I did, it's a very moving story covering two generations and how each deals with it's own personal tradegies, and how we see things through different eyes now. Written in a way that makes it easy to relate to the situations the characters and plot evolve too. Well worth a read.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Daughter, My Mother - Annie Murray, 17 Mar 2012
Mrs. P. M. Smith "Pauline Smith" (Wolverhampton, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Daughter, My Mother (Paperback)
I have bought Annie Murray's books for years. This one is not a let-down - brilliant as ever.

Pauline Smith

4.0 out of 5 stars ***** INTERESTING READ *****, 4 Jun 2012
Found this book difficult to get into. About a third way in it all gelled and became a really good read. Worth persevering. The story is about two different families and cultures but all problems are the same whereever you belong. Good storytelling and above all believeable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, interesting read, 28 Jun 2012
This review is from: My Daughter, My Mother (Paperback)
I really enjoyed this book. An interesting look into different cultures, and unexpected friendships. The four main characters are all likeable, all with their own hardships. I would highly recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughter, my mother, 12 Aug 2012
Have read other books by this author and enjpyed this as much. Enjoys the way she writes, very detailed and giving lots of information.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Read..., 7 Aug 2012
This book takes you on a journey of the family members past and present lives.How the Mothers think the present problems of the daughters should be dealt with and how the mothers learn to help their daughters cope with their present situations.Wonderful read ......

ARRAY(0xb3ee10f0)

My Daughter, My Mother
My Daughter, My Mother by Annie Murray (Paperback - 1 Mar 2012)
3.86