Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle  Learn more Countdown to Prime Day Shop now Shop now

on 10 August 2009
My 10 month old daughter loves this book because she can feel the furry animals and loves her Daddy making all the animal noises. She gets the book out every day and never tires of it. Highly recommended.
on 5 March 2008
from Ian Whybrow and Tim Warnes.

Large paperback format with 18 high quality shiny pages, in the popular 2-page spread format.
Superb endearing illustrations throughout, in vibrant colour, from Tim Warnes.

From the back cover:-

'Ready, steady, off we go!
Round the farm to say hello.

Follow puppy as he scampers around the farm to say hello to all the animals.
Stroke the soft, furry animals on every page, then enjoy shouting out all their noises.
What a lot of fun on the farm!'

And it was certainly noisy, at the local library tots' meeting, this morning, with animal noises galore!
This book was a HUGE hit!
The majority of the text is laid out in rhyming couplet style which further adds to the atmosphere of the 'read-out-loud' scenario.
The quieter guests loved the touchy feely effect this super book also offers.

Example of text:-

'Ready, steady, off we go!
Round the farm to say hello.
Who's that nibbling, half asleep?
Say hello to the dozy sheep.
Hello, Sheep!
Baaa, baaa, baaa!

Here's the sty - not very big -
Say hello to the little pink pig.....'

This delightful book ends with a double page spread of all the animals saying 'goodbye', and giving the young listener/s a chance to shout out all the new noises learned earlier on!

Other titles in this educational series include:-

Say Hello to the Baby Animals
Say Hello to the Snowy Animals
Say Hello to the Dinosaurs
Say Goodnight to the Sleepy Animals
review image review image
on 31 August 2009
This is a wonderful picture book. Bright colours, cute pictures, touchable and with lots to look for. My 18month old loves this book and we have to read it every night. Great for learning animals and their noises. Highly reccommended.
on 20 May 2010
Bought these for my 17 month old daughter who loved one she got from her Aunt. They are fab, great pictures, fantastic furry or scratchy feelings to the characters. She loves them and it keeps her amused when we are reading them, and if she likes them, I like them!! Brilliant for the price - seriously get some!
on 13 May 2007
My son [...] ABSOLUTELY loves this book! On each page you say hello to a different farm animal followed by the noise that animal makes and at the end say goodbye to them all. This has been good for learning animal names and noises.
on 7 September 2007
My two year old son loves this book, and although a book lover he is very selective in the books that catch his interest, this is one of a select few!
on 30 June 2011
Lovely rhyming story about a puppy going round a farm and saying 'hello' to all the animals. We had it as a gift from a friend on the birth of our son. i haven't got tired of it yet. The touchy feel animals are nice too.

For a bedtime read I got him the Say Goodnight to the Sleepy Animals, this is lovely too, but not a board book in the version I got.
on 25 February 2014
This book is my son's favorite. He "reads" all day, and is always in his book case. But this book had pride of place on the sofa so he has quick and easy access. I must read this book 25 - 50 times a day to him and he "reads" it himself another 25-50. It's also a favourite of visiting children. Not sure why. But it just is.
on 4 November 2013
I bought this because it is supposed to have tactile patches "soft, velvety animals". Well, they feel like textured paint, not velvet, and they are all the same sensation. I expected, soft, and velvet, and possiby different aterials for the different creatures to enhance the differences between the animals. The touchy - feely patches are not inviting to touch, and very disappointing. The rest of the book is nothing special. It seems to me that the point of introducing differen animals is show differences, not make them feel the same. If it hadn't taken so long to arrive, I would have sent it back, but I could not turn up to a party empty handed. Will not buy anything further from this range.
on 16 August 2013
This book is one of a number by the same author/illustrator combo that is on a regular nightly rotation in our house. Our daughter (14 months) loves all the farmyard animals and does her baby sign language signs on every page. The little dog goes all round the farm saying hello to a variety of beautifully illustrated farm yard creatures from pigs to horses. She loves this one so much that the book formed the basis of a design for her first birthday cake. A lovely bedtime book