Format: Paperback|Change

on 13 September 2013
Although I have given this book a very low star rating I'm a big fan of Carole Maggio techniques. Unfortunately it doesn't translate very well on paper. Her DVDs are excellent and allow you to correct yourself as you follow her demonstrations, but the book hasn't got enough pictures to take you through the exercises. Reading, positioning your fingers and performing what is asked of you becomes very tricky and not enjoyable has you wonder all the way through if you are doing it properly. Invest a little more and get the DVD.
on 24 April 2011
I've recently bought this book as I noticed my face was sagging etc. Other than that, I don't look bad for my age of 42. I suffered from Bells' Palsy in 1996 and it is still noticeable to me, if nobody else! The exercises take a bit of time to master, but they are really effective - I've been doing them three times a day for 5 days now and I see a difference. Like everything else, it will be effective long-term if you keep doing them daily and, to be honest, 16 minutes a day (if you do them twice daily) is nothing. I have also taken to use Rosehip Oil on my face at night and that is helping also. I would definitely recommend this book.
on 30 June 2011
I had the previous book for years and couldn't be bothered doing the excersises. Eventually found it in a cupboard and starting doing the work! and it really pays off !!! So I thought I would get the NEW book and it takes less time to do all the exercises which is great. Like anything, you have to do the work to see the results
on 11 April 2011
I first came accross facial exercises about 15 years ago when someone brought me a video of Jilly Johnson's 3 minute a day facelift. I did start to do the exercise's but soon gave up on them, not because of them not working but as a 27 year old I thought I did'nt need them!. Roll the clock forward and I am now 42 years old, have young children, a stressful life and boy my face is starting to show quite dramatic signs of ageing which I hate (hence the reason for buying Carole Maggio's new Ultimate Facercse book) The book makes so much sense to me and I think it is great. By using muscles in my face that have never been worked before I am sure I will achieve positive results, it's just the same as going to the gym and working other parts of the body.The exercises are easy to follow and the benefits are listed by the side of each exercise to give you focus and there are also tips to help you acheive the best results. Can't wait for people to start noticing!!
on 25 March 2011
I pre-ordered this book in readiness for its release on the 18th March and was delighted when it arrived that very day. From the minute I started reading it I was hooked!

Of course the main reason why many people will buy the book is to learn the Facercise exercises, which is great because the exercises are the backbone of the Facercise programme. However the book is also absolutely packed with lots of other really great information and advice about the many other things you can do to keep yourself looking younger. The book looks at the facts about facial exercises and why they are so important in our quest to stay youthful. It also contains dietary advice, information about the newest advances in skincare, and even the reason why the way we sleep is such an important factor in keeping lines and wrinkles at bay. There are many client success stories and before & after photos, plus a really fascinating section about natural hormone replacement.

Believe me, if you're worried about your face showing the signs of ageing and you want to do something about it, you really must buy this book. It's simply fantastic!
22 comments|64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 October 2011
I bought this for myself when I was feeling jaded, and it really perked me up! When a close friend was just about to celebrate her 40th and confided that she was thinking of having a face lift I bought one for her too - and she's now glad I did!!
Once you get past the weird expressions you find yourself pulling in the mirror, and you start to do the exercises properly until you actually feel 'the burn' then you'll definitely start to see results.
on 30 May 2015
I second the reviewer that said that facial exercises are better on the DVD...

That being said, they are different mediums, and I think complement each other perfectly, while the video shows the exercise and you can sort of pick it up, the book explains it in detail, some of which might not be visible in the video. If you have only the book, you can go to youtube, some exercises have videos there, so that can be a great help.

The book has several sections:
- how Facercise began
- how it can change the face with sample photos (that were usually quite subtle, but that is only after 1 month so understandable, I didn't like that the post ones were with makeup and different poses)
- general advices (nutrition, sun exposure, sleep, supplements, dry brushing, skincare...)
- longer version of 13 exercises - 12 minutes
- explanations how to do them in the car (not really my thing)
- short programme of 13 exercises, slightly tweaked and shortened version of the longer one - 8 minutes
- some exciting developments in skin care
- testimonials

Exercises should be performed twice daily, and once you memorize them, it really isn't difficult. You can do them in batches, some in bed, whenever you have time.

I do have a previous version of Facercise, but I wasn't really consistent so don't really have a lot to show for my efforts... I started with it again abut month and a half ago, and then decided to get this book to see what changed. There are some new exercises, some are removed, some tweaked. I do prefer some exercises from the previous one (neck exercises while lying down, I think they are more effective like that), but for the most part, I think the new ones are better - faster and more effective. If you have the previous one, choose for yourselves... Youtube can show you some updated ones. The one for the lips is awesome! The most important part is to be consistent and keep doing them.

I do have different expectations now and I understand that it will take months until there are some significant improvements. In this month and a half, I do have very visible improvements in the neck area (I think this area is likely the fastest one to respond for anybody) and subtle changes in eyes and forehead area.

I bought a DVD directly from Facercise website (PAL version for UK), unfortunately it can't be bought from Amazon. DVD also contains 2 audio CDs and cards with short exercise description. For me, DVD is a preferred format for audio exercises :)

I have also bought a No Lipo Lipo DVD and looking forward to using it :) (ended up with combined postage that way).
on 22 May 2012
If you follow this Carole Maggio facercise book it is pure fact that your face will look better. You need to do it twice a day and you can also use the information she gives you and the anatomy lesson for the muscle groups of the face, to understand and customise the exercises. I have had many comments about looking well and have been doing these excercices now for six weeks or so. It also wakes up your face and energises it, ready for a night out after a busy day, or first thing in the morning. My face feels tighter too and stronger, and I feel less inclined to let it sink with gravity.
on 24 January 2012
I only came across this book today. I must mention, however, that I have been Carole Maggio's devotee for years. I am now 69 and have practised the original exercises for as long as I can remember. I even gave my sisters and my neice a copy of the book oh so long ago! Believe me all you impatient people - it works - even though it requires a certain amount of self-discipline. I shall buy the updated version soon, I'm sure it will be very interesting to see if I can get rid completely of "sagging skin round the jawline" without having to resort to those dreadful needles sticking stuff in and ending up looking like a tailor's dummy.
on 31 December 2012
I'd only do the exercises that relate to your own personal problem areas doing the others is a waste of time, "if it ain't broke don't fix it". I do my routine first thing in the morning and last thing at night and it really is showing results, my chicken neck has disappeared, woo hoo! some of the exercises have taken longer to get the hang of but I hoping that now I've got them sorted I can start to see improvement in other areas. Plus this there's the entertainment you provide for your partner