Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now

on 17 September 2014
Lured into this via the TV series. More detailed and with a more involved plot than TV but not the new detective / thriller I was looking for. The search is on
on 10 February 2014
I bought this book so I could get to know Vera before I read Ann Cleeves new Vera story. Really enjoyed the characters and I'm now keen to read the whole series.
on 24 May 2015
A gripping detective story. Vera is a delightful character who brings a human touch to this highly readable tale. I am looking forward to reading her next book.
on 15 September 2014
An excellent book from a well lovedauthor- I was hooked form start to finish. I would recommend it to anyone who likes a fast paced, well written crime novel.
on 18 June 2015
Always enjoy Ann Cleeves, however Vera was such a long time in actually being involved in this book, I was beginning to think it wasn't a Vera Stanhope novel.
on 16 September 2014
Another good read by Ann Cleeves. Marvellous descriptions of places and people. I like the way she brings the characters alive. You are inside their heads.
on 16 May 2014
Excellent plot and wonderful characterisation. Vera is a delight and the book is even better than the tv series.
A great read for all crime fiction fans
on 4 March 2016
Watch Shetland on the television and when I found out Ann wrote them had to start to read her books, love Vera and the way she carries out her investigations
on 28 May 2015
I just love the way we learn so much of each character from their point of view. I love the series on TV but we are missing so much by not reading the books
on 4 March 2016
Brilliant book really had no idea who had done it. Whilst reading it in my head all I could see was Brenda Blythen playing Vera this part was made for her.