• Envy

Format: Paperback|Change

on 20 July 2010
I absolutely loved this book! I read it in two sittings and felt quite bereft when I had finished! Although I do believe Coleen's insistence that the characters are fictional and not based on her Loose Women colleagues, I couldn't help putting LW faces to characters, which was a bit naughty of me.
Without giving too much away for future readers, I was completely blown away by the revelation about one of the characters towards the end of the book. I did not see that one coming! Even if there isn't to be a follow-up, Coleen should definitely continue with her writing career, she obviously has added yet another string to her many stringed bow!
on 23 July 2010
This book is fantastic! I was totally hooked right from page one and didnt want the book to end!

Would recommend this book to anyone wanting a good summer read!
on 10 June 2010
I Loved this book. I sat down with it when it arrived and could not put it down. It is well written, and keeps you wanting more. I really hope there is another to follow on from this.
on 10 July 2010
Pleasantly surprised by "Envy" - captivated to read the book in one go ! Coleen Nolan has given the reader an insight into the world of television laced with her own ideas and colourful characters. A great read to take on holiday and enjoy whilst relaxing in the sunshine. Look forward to reading her novel !
on 15 June 2010
I read this book in 2 days, i didn't know what to expect but i was totally engrossed, a fantastic story line that just keeps you guessing, i didn't want it to end!! I hope Colleen writes another one because it was really enjoyable to read. Completely took me away from work thoughts whilst i was on holiday.
on 31 August 2010
I couldn't put this book down once I'd started it. A perfect insight of jealousy & backstabbing in the TV world. What a bitch fest I loved it !
Plenty of of suprises along the way. Can't wait for the next book.
Well done Coleen !
on 3 June 2010
The book arrived yesterday and I intended to flick through it but rapidly became engrossed in the storyline. Its normal to compare the characters in this book to those in a certain TV lunchtime show associated with the author. However I do understand that the characters are genuinely fictional and are not based on anyone Coleen has worked with. (But that just increases the interest, mystery and intrigue as to where these characters originate!)

The book is very well written , hugely interesting and gripping and as a first 'real' book Coleen has really excelled and showed us yet another talent to those we already know about.
Get your copy today - you won't be disppointed and put a couple of days aside to read it because once you start it you'll not want to put it down!
Right - I'm off to finish the last couple of chapters...and I hope Coleen's already planning the sequel!!
on 14 June 2010
This is a perfect read for a sunny day in the garden or on the beach.Easy to read and its fun trying to recognize which of her Loose Women colleagues the characters are based on.
on 4 June 2010
I wasn't sure what to expect with Coleen's debut novel, however I thoroughly enjoyed the book which I devoured on a weekend away.
The book is set in the world of a late night women's chat show (!) with great characters and plenty of twists, turns and bitchiness to keep you hooked.
I'd definitely recommend Envy as a cracking read for the summer holidays.
on 7 July 2011
I like Coleen Nolen on Loose Women so thought I would read 'Envy' as it was her first novel, if you don't count 'Upfront and Personal'. Once you get the idea out of your head that the book isn't about 'Loose Women' characters it becomes a very good read. The characters are sad, bad and funny and she has a great sense of humour. I loved the twist at the end and can't wait to read 'Denial'.