Format: Paperback|Change

on 20 February 2013
great book that illuminates the inability of humans to change their morals irrespective of their technical progress It takes an alien to show us the way. great story line that was spoilt for me by introducing too much of the super natural.
on 8 November 2012
New to the genre of sci - fi fiction, but this book I truly loved. The story really pulls you in and moves at a good pace. The way Arthur C. Clarke describes things in his novel will blow your mind. The mans imagination is incredible.
on 12 April 2016
I would loved to read this book in 1953 when it was first released but this was way before my team. Although themes have been taken and reused since, the book is still shockingly current and imaginary. A great read for scifi lovers.
on 29 March 2016
Heard of this book from the sky 1 trailer 3 part series. I thought this looks like a great book o could read and it was. Fast paced. Keeps you wondering right till the end. And the people who made the tv series did it no justice.
on 23 January 2013
One of Arthur C Clarke's best novels now in a nice Kindle version. This is one of the science-fiction books I read as a teenager and which made me understand that mankind can have a future an a grander scale. Will we?
on 28 September 2014
Really liked it, good book well written. I like Clarke's style and this book was a good read, the ending felt a little flat, i guess they were trying to make a point but it felt a little rushed. Its quite short too.
on 23 June 2014
One of the most melancholic science fiction books ever written. It could be viewed as envisaging an optimistic end point for mankind but few readers will really feel that way at the end of this SF classic.
on 16 August 2015
Quite possibly the best Sci-Fi novel I have ever had the pleasure to read. Incredible depiction and storyline arc of alien visitors to Earth and the outcome of such an event. Highly recommended.
on 14 June 2015
A true classic of science fiction. Just as relevant today as it was when it was first written in the 50s. A TV version is in development by the Syfy channel. Hope they make a good job of it.
on 6 April 2016
Had heard of Arthur C Clark but never read any of his books. Apparently this was his best one. I will let you know when I have read all of the others. I am officially hooked on his books.