4.0 out of 5 stars wonderful roaring
My daughter loves this book. We received it for her 1st birthday and now own most of rod campbell's books which we reliously read every evening! As with all his books there are flaps to lift and things to feel. My daughter loves the tiger at the end and now roars wonderfully and puts her finger in his mouth to get bitten!
Published on 21 July 2007 by MD

2.0 out of 5 stars A scary ending, what a shame
My poor 14 month old daughter had some bad experiences with Rod Campbell's books recently. She generally adores them and we are building quite a collection as a result. Unfortunately this and the "I'm not scary" book reduced her to tears.

Published on 8 July 2007 by Dr. H. Payne

4.0 out of 5 stars wonderful roaring, 21 July 2007

4.0 out of 5 stars I'm Hungry by Rod Cambell, 12 Dec. 2009
This review is from: I'm Hungry (Board book)
We borrowed this book from a local library for our grandaughter to look at.She enjoyed reading it and was disappointed when it had to be returned to the library.We have purchased a copy and will get Father Christmas to deliver it.

5.0 out of 5 stars My son is addicted!, 13 Oct. 2010
This review is from: I'm Hungry (Board book)
My son got given this book just before his 1st birthday and is now 14 months. We read it every day without fail and he loves it!! He giggles and squirms as we read 'and I like eating...' and as we say 'YOU!' he laughs and laughs and shuts the book quickly only to open it again and peek at the tiger. I would definitely recommend this book. It is his favourite (and ours!).

5.0 out of 5 stars Rod Campbell excells again, 7 July 2010
Lynndiloops "lynn" (Monk Fryston, North Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I'm Hungry (Board book)
My grandaughter and now my grandsons adore this book and can't wait to get to the tiger on the back pages. They giggle and twist until we get there. The tiger is always kissed bye bye and I feel that Rod Campbell knows children very well. All his books are my grandchildren's favourites.

5.0 out of 5 stars fab!, 9 Sept. 2010
This review is from: I'm Hungry! (Paperback)
So some of you seem to think that the animal at the end of the story is scarey! come on now it might have a pop up mouth but it is a frendly face, I participate in Baby & Toddler groups and the kiddies think its fab!

4.0 out of 5 stars highly amusing!, 13 Jun. 2011
This review is from: I'm Hungry! (Paperback)
My child adores this book and always grabs it when he sees it.....he doesn't tire of it!! Rod Campbell books are great for small kids - even below 2 years of age!

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm Hungry hardcover, 3 Mar. 2012
This review is from: I'm Hungry (Board book)
Wonderful book it's had alot of use. My son loved it as baby with nice pictures and now as a toddler he still enjoys it. Espcailly the ending page! We have many Rod Campbell books and think they are fab. Would defiantly reccomend this educational and fun book for younger and older little ones.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a good book, 23 Jan. 2012
This review is from: I'm Hungry! (Paperback)
My 18 month old grandson adores this book. We read it 3 or 4 times when he comes round. He loves opening the last page and seeing the 3 D tiger. He pokes his finger and nose in and pretends to be bitten.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun book, 28 April 2013
This review is from: I'm Hungry! (Paperback)
great book, short, simple but lighthearted and good to involve your child in. Make a big joke of the last page with the hungry tiger coming to eat you and they should find it thrilling!

2.0 out of 5 stars A scary ending, what a shame, 8 July 2007
Dr. H. Payne - See all my reviews
This review is from: I'm Hungry (Board book)

There are lovely illustrations, very simple poetry, and a range of ways to interact (lift the flaps, push-pull the bird, feel various textures). It all goes swimmingly until the last page where the lion wants to eat "YOU" and there is a clever pop out with gnashing teeth. This caused my little one to go red in the face, cry and crawl away at top speed.

I have given this 2 stars as she is gradually coming round to the book and will watch me turn the pages from a distance now (unlike the "I'm not scary" book which sends her scuttling off every time). I would hasten to add that my daughter loves pop-ups of houses, teddys, flowers etc and is quite an adventurous tot who is not worried by real animals. The gnashing teeth were too much though.

I'm Hungry!
I'm Hungry! by Rod Campbell (Paperback - 7 May 2010)
Used & New from: £5.23