5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent story for 2-3 year olds.
I work with 2-3 year olds, and this is a firm favourite, requested often by the children. The children love to lift the flaps and to make the noises of the animals. They all love to say 'Oh dear'. I would recommend this for children from 1.A pleasure to read
Published on 24 Feb 2001

3.0 out of 5 stars great boom but sharp pages and flaps
This isn't a board book and had sharp edges. However the content is great, my little one loved reading it.
Published 18 months ago by Shamaila Jawaid

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent story for 2-3 year olds., 24 Feb 2001
By A Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Farmyard Fun Toddlers Book, 28 Nov 2005
As with many children’s books simple concepts normally produce the best books. In this book Buster is staying on Granny's farm and one morning she asks Buster to get some eggs - but where will Buster and Teddy find them? The book then goes to all the different animals on the farm, which are hidden on each page behind card doors. Toddlers love lifting these card doors to reveal the animals behind. You will find all the farm favourites in this book including a sheep, a pig, a cow, a horse, ducks, a dog, a cat and even a little tiny mouse. Eventually you will find that elusive chicken and the eggs. Along the way there is lots of scope for enhancing the book by doing the animal sounds. At first you may find that your toddler listens carefully as you make the animal sounds, but then you will have the joy of hearing your toddler copying the sounds themselves. This is a robust board book which can withstand lots of wear and tear, though the flaps are a little more fragile. It is a very colourful book and the pictures are very well presented. Lots of five star fun down on the farm.

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh Dear!, 4 Sep 2003
This is the first book my one-year old has asked me to read over-and-over-and-over again. She has lots of books, so this one really must have something special, but I don't know what.

4.0 out of 5 stars good book with flaps to discover, 8 Sep 2010
Aesop "bookbabe" (Hatfield, Herts, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Oh Dear! (Board book)
this is a good book, but not as good as dear zoo. its basically the same thing but on a farm looking for eggs for tea, each time the little boy doesnt find any, he says 'oh dear' and carries on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended reading for adults... oh, and toddlers, 18 Dec 2009
subject2status (Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
My daughter had this book many years ago along with other Rod Campbell books such as 'Dear Zoo' and it ended up being a family favourite for all of my children. It's interactive away ahead of it's time with flaps for kids to open and reveal parts of the story.

Now, 27 years later I find myself buying it all over again for HER daughter, how cool is that? A great book with an engaging story that kids love and as appropriate to 2010 as it was back in the 1980s. BUY IT!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantasic book, 29 Nov 2007
This review is from: Oh Dear! (BB) (Hardcover)
My husband chose this book for our daughter as we are chicken farmers and the book is all about Buster looking for eggs on his Granny's farm. My daughter loves opening the flaps (which are fairly strong) and seeing which animals are behind them. A great way to learn farm animals (we also make their sounds too). A fantasic book!

5.0 out of 5 stars A book bursting with lift the flap and farm noises. wow, 19 May 2001
By A Customer
A wonderful book that my daughter almost tears from my hands to read. A brilliant read together book that learns young children about farm animals, the noises they make and the excitement of lifting the flap to see if their guess was right, each time we read it gets more exciting and is the climax to a good story time

5.0 out of 5 stars MUMS DELIGHT, 11 Dec 2012
D. Stallard (UK) - See all my reviews
Even I liked this. Really cute packed book with the added attraction of a sweet egg cup. One good buy

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely story., 26 Feb 2011
This review is from: Oh Dear! (Board book)
A lovely story, we bought this for our baby's first birthday , he loves lifting the flaps and so does his 3 year old sister!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh Dear, by Rod Campbell, 22 Dec 2010
H. TAYLOR - See all my reviews
This review is from: Oh Dear! (Board book)
This is a great book for toddlers. My children loved it, and now I am buying it for my nephew who I know will also love it.

Oh Dear!
Oh Dear! by Rod Campbell (Board book - 30 Jun 2009)
Used & New from: £0.01