4.0 out of 5 stars Courtesy of Teens Read Too
Just like the title says, this is a companion to Stephenie Meyer's TWILIGHT series.

If you are not already a fan, then this obviously won't be for you. It's wise to have read all four books, as well, or you might find that some key points will be spoiled for you as you read along.

However, THE TWILIGHT COMPANION is a fun, interesting read. The author...
Published on 11 Dec 2008 by TeensReadToo

1.0 out of 5 stars Sweet Moses, it's bad.
I have a niece just turned 3yrs old. She scribbles crazy doodles in a dazzling array of crayons outside all tangible lines in her colouring-in books. Only when her interpretation of a "helicopter" (which looks like blue spaghetti) gets hung in the LOUVRE, should this atrocity of a book get PUBLISHED!!
Sorry for the tangent, but a metaphor is the ONLY way to convey...
Published on 8 April 2009 by K. Williams

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Sweet Moses, it's bad., 8 April 2009
K. Williams "Seifer Almasy" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Twilight Companion: The Unauthorized Guide to the Series (Paperback)
Sorry for the tangent, but a metaphor is the ONLY way to convey how no publishing house, ever, should've given it the green light. This doesn't register as a real book.
There are no insights, everything is fabricated and horribly bias, and the slightest hint of humour gets dragged out to pad 4-5 pages. I am left with a book that I can't do anything with but throw away - I can't give it to someone who doesn't like Twilight because it would mean nothing to them, I can't give it to someone who DOES like Twilight, because they would punch me in the neck for inflicting such dirge upon them. And I certainly can't treasure it myself, my brain would melt.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst book ever!, 27 Feb 2009
This is the worst book I have ever read. It is not only poorly written, it also has no insight into the Twilight saga and cannot profess to be a guide to the saga at all. In fact, it seriously detracts from the saga in that it tries to comment on vampire lore and tradition as if it is a real life event which people experience on a daily basis! Twilight is a fictional story, a great story, but still fictional. Why try to factualise it with made up facts and statistics (like the caloric requirement of a vampire), and make the characters every day ones, when you read it exactly because they are not everyday characters?

1.0 out of 5 stars Just awful, 8 April 2009
Ok so I dont usually write reviews but I just had to... this book is trully awful, I think I died a little inside. I am a massive fan of the twilight series.... Yes I love Edward Cullen, who in their right mind wouldnt? But I am a massive fan of Jacob Black and nearly every Jacob fact in this 'guide' is grossly incorrect, which begs the question; does she actually know anything about the twilight series at all? Oooo it makes me mad... I would like to call it laughable but its actually worse than that.. I wasted good money on this book!! It doesnt focus much on the twilight series at all which annoys me because thats the only reason I bought it, its filled with terrible jokes that are based on completely made up or useless facts and to be honest I can't understand how it got published. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!! SAVE IT FOR WHEN THE OFFICIAL GUIDE COMES OUT.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dreadful., 22 May 2009
I saw this book in WH Smith a couple of months back, but didn't buy it as I am merely a poor student. Yesterday I saw it in Asda for £4. Man, was I ripped off. This book is rubbish, factually incorrect and written as though vampires actually exist - it even gives you tips on how to make yourself look like a vampire so you don't get eaten by your boyfriend's vampire family! I'm sorry what!? The author, Lois H. Gresh claims to be a Twilight fan, but I have to disagree; on the first page, she says for Bella to become a vampire, Edward has to mix his blood with hers. Mmm. Sure sure he does love. That's how he does it, yep. It then goes on to talk about how you'll have to be willing to sleep in a coffin to bag your vampire lover, and other mindless, irrelevant and inaccurate nonsense. Seriously, do not waste your money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dreadful Book, 14 Nov 2008
If I was not forced to at least give the book one star, it would be getting no stars... 'Unauthorised Guide' in the title should have given it away. This book is dreadful. Does Lois H. Gresh actually believe that this guide is adding any value to the 'Twilight Saga' or providing anything insightful to its dedicated fans? The author is trying to make money off the back of the success of Stephenie Meyer's Twilight Saga and the upcoming Twilight movie. Truly dreadful!!! Do not waste money to buy this book.

1.0 out of 5 stars Please listen to the BAD reviews!!!, 26 Jun 2009
R. Smith "Miss Baggins" (South Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
This book really isn't worth the paper it's printed on - it should never have been allowed to be put on book shelves. It doesn't deserve a single star.

I bought it because of the cover from tescos and I feel totally conned. I should have read before buying, true, but I thought for £4 it can't be too bad - I was wrong, SO wrong!!

The author is simply jumping on the bandwagon and trying to make a quick buck and boy has she succeeded. The cover is misleading; though it's unofficial you can't help but think there is some connection because of the design.

Simply outrageous. Please if you are in the slightest bit curious and are thinking of buying it don't - you can have my copy, I'll even pay for the postage just to get rid of it...

1.0 out of 5 stars You honestly may as well write your own..., 7 May 2009
MDN (Cardiff, Wales) - See all my reviews
This is a very sad and sorry state of affairs. This book fails to meet the required standard that the Twilight Saga should demand. Poorly written, I would expect a child to write with better fluidity and sentence structure. Weakly structured, a desperate attempt at making a quick-buck by exploiting a highly successful franchise. Factually wrong in many of its Twilight references, and a soul destroying mode of address to the reader. This book may actually inspire readers to write their own version, one that will certainly be of a higher standard.

Stay well clear, this will do little more than enrage upon reading!

1.0 out of 5 stars Total rubbish!, 20 Mar 2009
It's supposed to be "The twilight companion", but it has very little to do with twilight. It mixes up al kinds of legends about vampires. I get the impression that the writer of this book hasn't read the twilight saga very well, or at least hasn't understood any of it. For example: if you want to make a good 'Bella' for Edward, and you should be prepared to sleep in a coffin.

1.0 out of 5 stars The Twilight Companion: The Unauthorized Guide to the Series, 19 May 2009
The title of the book says it's a guide to the Twilight Series, but it isn't. It is a really awful book that's basically about what to do if you ever date a vampire. There's hardly any information about the Twilight Series and the characters. All it really does is compare the Twilight characters to People, Glamour & Esquire's Hottest Women/Men, and the made up calories intake a vampire needs to stay alive. (When we all know they're immortal)

I was quite excited when I got this book only to be very disappointed in the end. I never finished the book because I couldn't put myself through any more torture. My sister who's never read Twilight could probably write a better companion than this! I wouldn't even give this book 1 star but I had to, to be able to post this.

If you want a Twilight Companion please wait for the official one and don't waste your money on this book.

1.0 out of 5 stars If you're looking for a serious companion to the Twilight saga..., 19 May 2009
...don't bother with this. It's aimed at young teenage girls, having plenty of questionaires designed to examine the reader's potential to be suitable girlfriend material for Edward. Much of the factual material is not specifically Twilight-related, dealing instead with vampire material in literary and film genres. Being a man in my forties, I do realise I'm not among the intended readership this book was designed for, and wish I hadn't wasted my money on this.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

The Twilight Companion: The Unauthorized Guide to the Series
The Twilight Companion: The Unauthorized Guide to the Series by Lois H. Gresh (Paperback - 6 Mar 2009)
Used & New from: £0.01