5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing read
One of the best books I've read ever. you really get too know the girl we behind the blog. Zoe is really amazing.
Published 20 months ago by Kimbo448

1.0 out of 5 stars hardly climactic
Published on 21 April 2010 by lyrical eve

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing read, 27 Dec 2012

1.0 out of 5 stars hardly climactic, 21 April 2010
This review is from: Girl With a One Track Mind: Exposed: Further Revelations of a Sex Blogger (Paperback)
On the strength of Ms Lee's earlier volume, which I had found to be very sexy and well written, I had anticipated the publication of this with some excitement. For this reviewer, however, I have to report a sense of disappointment, not to say a feeling of being parted from my hard earned under false pretences. Erotic frissons were rather rare. A charitable interpretation of this would be to say that Ms Lee had( understandably in view of the unfortunate "outing" she had experienced) replaced the raunch with a narrative of emotional fallout. A more realistic appraisal would be, despite the marketing, the promised thrills failed to appear. I hope that you have more luck.

5.0 out of 5 stars Even better than the first!, 14 Mar 2010
I would never have thought that the 2nd book would be as good as the first but its better!
What a read, I have just read it in one sitting. It had me laughing out loud and wanting an early night aswell!
Fantastic book, thought provoking, serious and topics to make your imagination run wild!
Can't wait for book number 3!
Please keep the blog going and the entertainment flowing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Frank and Honest!, 31 Mar 2010
Mrs. Sarah-jane Humphrey (maidstone) - See all my reviews
I loved this book as much as the first and have recommended it to many friends! I Cant understand the reviews with low star rating definitely not deserved! Zoe has guts to continue her blog and produce another book after being outed (anonymous writing is one thing but she is really out there now) I certainly respect the two finger approach, standing up and "saying this is me and I'm not ashamed." Good work Zoe keep it up. I look forward to future Publications.

5.0 out of 5 stars Innaccurate review, 3 Mar 2010
C. A. Perry (Riyadh) - See all my reviews
In order to counteract the inaccurate review by Ms. Benes, I have given this 5 stars. My own review will follow once I've finished reading the book, but to the point:

The author of this review appears to be confusing Belle de Jour (Dr Brooke Magnanti) who 'outed' herself in The Times, with Girl with a One Track Mind (Zoe Margolis) who was was outed by The Times. The consequence of this was that Zoe lost her job in the film industry as a runner. The small size of that industry, where reputation is everything, meant that she could not find further work - call me old fashioned, but that looks like a career killer to me!

Review:

I picked up the first 'Girl With a One Track Mind' some time after Zoe was outed as a casual airport bookstore purchase and much enjoyed its mix of diarised sex exploits and handy hints & tips. Only subsequently did I track back to the blog to discover what the consequences of that book release were and the controversy caused. Since then I have followed the blog with interest, as well as having Zoe on my Twitter 'Follow' list.

Having tracked the blog back to the point where she was outed, much of the story re-told in 'Exposed' was familiar to me. In essence the book falls into two parts; a continuation where the first book left off, and the outing and subsequent events. I would say that if you enjoyed the first book, then you will no doubt enjoy the first part of the book. The real meat of the story though is in the second part of the story, at which point we begin to see Zoe's apparently confident exterior disintegrate in the face of a situation not of her own making (no matter what your views on the viability of internet anonymity). Where the book improves on the blog, is in the way in which it provides the glue to hold the story together, as we see what was going on 'behind the scenes' of the blog posts and how friends and family were reacting to the situation. Towards the end of the book we begin to see the emergence of a new career for Zoe, and that is where I would anticipate the next book taking us.

A good read and at times very instructive on the modus operandi of the British press.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read, definitely more thought provoking than the last!, 2 Mar 2010
So, the follow up to the rather excellently sex-filled and explicit Girl With a One Track Mind. There's not as much sex in this one, but in my opinion a lot more depth. Whilst also discussing her sex life, Abby Lee talks about her 'outing', the effect on her family, friends and career. A massive upheaval in her life, but I think she comes out stronger, less naive about the world of the media and more clued up about whether her associates will really stick by her through everything. We see the return of characters from the first book & their reactions which is nice, and written in such a way that a reader could pick up the book without having read the prequel. Abby's ongoing hunt for fantastic sex and men who are Potential Boyfriend Material is an interesting read and one which I'd recommend. Perhaps not for Grandmas though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Devoured in one sitting, 20 Mar 2010
K. Dixon "K.D" (London) - See all my reviews
I respected this book, even more than the first. I am a follower of the blog as well. But I think that Girl with a One Track Mind has done something special here. Not just your typical sex diary. This book really shows us an insight into the mind of a real woman, who is clumsy, doesn't spend half her life obsessing over shopping and make up. She may want a man but does not need one to validate her existence. We don't all have to be escorts, glamour girls or live in New York to have fantastic sex and talk about it openly.

I admire Zoe for writing so openly about her insecurities and I admire her for showing a more vulnerable side to her in this book. That said there is still enough sex, scandal and secret fantasies to keep you hooked and shouting out with joy that someone else thinks/feels the same way as the rest of us. I also found myself giggling at the little annotations, diagrams and `how to' sections. They are witty and accurate representation of our attitudes and behaviours.

I would recommend to men and women of all ages. It is a real eye opener and I wish there were more titles that realistically illustrate that women can be sexual, dominant and successful yet still feel exposed, want a family and find love.

5.0 out of 5 stars Insightful, realistic, refreshingly honest!, 17 Mar 2010
Mrs. Louise Cromie (Scotland) - See all my reviews
Abby Lee (Aka Zoe Margolis) writes with frank honestly about her emotional and physical intamacies.

In this second book she writes more about the emotional effect of her love life. It is amazing to see the resilliance of this woman, who has been thrust into the public eye thanks to the intrusion of the media. There is something in what she writes that is compelling... I suspect because she has the guts to be honest with her thoughts and feelings.

Well done Ms Margolis for yet another excellent read and for making women the world over feel more normal!

1.0 out of 5 stars Hardly any original material!!, 9 Mar 2010
C. Langridge "cassie" (Brighton uk) - See all my reviews
I felt very ripped off by this book, having read both her last book and her blog, I was expecting something new, but it was virtually all old, re-hashed material.

Very disappointing, especially as I have very much enjoyed reading her writing in the past!

5.0 out of 5 stars And she's done it again!, 5 Mar 2010
I read the first book a couple of years ago and enjoyed it so much that I have read it again many times since. To say I was excited when I found out a second book was going to be released would be a bit of an understatement!!
I have just finished Girl With a One Track Mind - Exposed, and can honestly say I absolutely loved it and know I will be picking it up again in a few weeks for another read! I will defiantly be recommending it to my friends and hope they enjoy it as much as I did.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›