4.0 out of 5 stars Double indemnity
This story took a different view on life in how one "happening" within a large family can affect other members.
This involves one member sacrificing their life for one year to help other members of the family.
Published on 11 Feb 2010 by Joab

3.0 out of 5 stars Greetings from Somewhere Else
I was recently given this book as a gift and was looking forward to a good read from this author. I was therefore very disappointed to find that it was an earlier book called Spin the Bottle, which I had already read. Be warned - This renaming of books is happening far too often!
Published on 29 Aug 2009 by Laney

3.0 out of 5 stars Greetings from Somewhere Else, 29 Aug 2009
Laney (Bratton Wiltshire) - See all my reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointed, 10 Sep 2009
I recently purchased this book, only to find it is a reprint and renamed earlier book "Spin the Bottle" I was so dissapointed when I settled down to read it only to find I had read it before :(

4.0 out of 5 stars Double indemnity, 11 Feb 2010
This review is from: Spin the Bottle (Paperback)
Unfortunately I purchased this book not realising that a book titled "Greetings from somewhere else" given me to me as a present for Christmas is the same book as that entitled "Spin the Bottle". It would have been good if I could have read the in depth summary of the story whilst considering whether to purchase it.

However, I enjoyed the story very much and really like the way this author intertwines the stories with the lives and the characters involved. Monica McInerney csn get inside peoples head and character very well which enhances the story.

Joab

5.0 out of 5 stars McInerneys best so far, 23 May 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Spin the Bottle (Paperback)
I read all of Monica McInterneys books but this is the best so far. I liked the heartwarming story of Lainey quite a lot. The two first books were resembling each other very much, but this shows that McInerney has a lot more to tell. I'm really looking forward to Nr.4 - hopefully the author is already working on it.
So long: Don't miss this and the others.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Good Read, 26 Jun 2012
A. M. Whalen "manic mum" (Durham) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Spin the Bottle (Kindle Edition)
Another good read from Monica McInery with some great characters and a good plot. However the ending was perhaps a tad predictable.

ARRAY(0xa0acbdbc)

Spin the Bottle
Spin the Bottle by Monica McInerney (Paperback - 1 Oct 2010)
Used & New from: 0.01