on 29 August 2009
I was recently given this book as a gift and was looking forward to a good read from this author. I was therefore very disappointed to find that it was an earlier book called Spin the Bottle, which I had already read. Be warned - This renaming of books is happening far too often!
on 10 September 2009
I recently purchased this book, only to find it is a reprint and renamed earlier book "Spin the Bottle" I was so dissapointed when I settled down to read it only to find I had read it before :(
on 11 February 2010
This story took a different view on life in how one "happening" within a large family can affect other members.
This involves one member sacrificing their life for one year to help other members of the family.
Unfortunately I purchased this book not realising that a book titled "Greetings from somewhere else" given me to me as a present for Christmas is the same book as that entitled "Spin the Bottle". It would have been good if I could have read the in depth summary of the story whilst considering whether to purchase it.

However, I enjoyed the story very much and really like the way this author intertwines the stories with the lives and the characters involved. Monica McInerney csn get inside peoples head and character very well which enhances the story.

Joab
on 23 May 2003
I read all of Monica McInterneys books but this is the best so far. I liked the heartwarming story of Lainey quite a lot. The two first books were resembling each other very much, but this shows that McInerney has a lot more to tell. I'm really looking forward to Nr.4 - hopefully the author is already working on it.
So long: Don't miss this and the others.
on 10 July 2015
This is an utter snore fest! I've read half so far and nothing has happened. The style is pedestrian and mundane, the content uninspiring and the story line, thus far, absent. Thanks mother in law!

Update: couldn't finish it! Hours of my life up in smoke and it's too boring to finish. Skipped to the end, boring ending and nothing happens to get there! Good grief MIL WHY!!!???
on 8 November 2014
Like all Monica Mcinerney books a really enjoyable read.
on 26 June 2012
Another good read from Monica McInery with some great characters and a good plot. However the ending was perhaps a tad predictable.
on 11 February 2016
THIS IS A FABULOUS WRITER. ALL HER BOOKS ARE BRILLIANT.