5.0 out of 5 stars A Fab Read!

I have read many, many books in my time but none as good as this one. I can't say how often I realised that I was holding my breath waiting for the outcome of certain events. At times the book made me laugh out loud and also brought a tear to my eye. If you...
Published on 22 Jun. 2009 by Carol D

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy read, a glimpe into elephant behviour that few of us will be lucky enough to experience.
This is a nice, safe easy read. The writing style annoyed me at first, but it either got easier to read or I got used to it. The insights into elephant behaviour was absolutely fascinating. The book focused on the elephants mainly, but also other aspects of his life (his relationships with his dogs, wife, other workers). I would have either preferred more of on insight...
Published 3 months ago by The Grimshh

‹ Previous | 133 34 3552 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Telepathy ?, 3 Dec. 2012
This review is from: The Elephant Whisperer: Learning About Life, Loyalty and Freedom From a Remarkable Herd of Elephants (Paperback)
It is the interaction between a human and animal which is amazing.A wild animal which acknowledges the love and kindness shown to it by a human being.Finally the homage paid by the elephants to the human after his death.

5.0 out of 5 stars Like watching a brilliant film, 14 Nov. 2014
S. Fielding - See all my reviews
Wonderful book - didn't want it to end. I feel the title doesn't do the book justice and may put some people off. It's full of adventure and excitement and is like watching a brilliant film. My first 5-star review ever.

5.0 out of 5 stars the elephant whisperer, 20 May 2010
Peter Hodes (UK) - See all my reviews
If you are interested in wildlife conservation you will love this book. If you are interested in elephants, it is a must. At times it sent shivers down my spine, at others it brought a tear to the eye. A terrific read.

5.0 out of 5 stars heart warming, 22 Sept. 2014
StarryNight (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Such a wonderful book! This is a great read for animal lovers. I have always known that elephants are remarkable animals but I had no idea just how complex and emotional they are until I read this. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 Oct. 2014
Monica "NickyB" (Hampshire, England) - See all my reviews
Wonderful book, wonderful man, wonderful story.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent read. Well written and told in a most ..., 13 Nov. 2014
P. W. Dunwood (Cheshire, UK) - See all my reviews
An excellent read. Well written and told in a most engaging way to show an emotional look at the practicalities of running a game reserve. An insight into Lawrence Anthony that I would doubt that his staff would see.

5.0 out of 5 stars Magic from trumpet to tail, 27 Jan. 2014
What a wonderful tale of growth and redemption. Lawrence displays the commitment and resolve that is required to build a business around his ecological values. The book is rich in storytelling, tradition and beliefs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Elephant whisperer, 2 July 2009
A Kid's Review

Majic book great reading, I have been to the safari park amazing, a must read
Pat Windsor

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply superb., 15 Feb. 2015
Hauntingly wonderful diary of human interaction with elephants. Elephant life with other animals is beautifully explained too. This book will stay with me and I will always hold great respect for life in Africa.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cant put this one down., 21 Mar. 2013
This is a unique story. The sort of book you need to read to lift your spirits. It tells of how life is lived the African bush both the good and the bad. Beautifully written, I would recommend this book to anyone.

‹ Previous | 133 34 3552 | Next ›