Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

on 25 February 2009
We have Jack and the Beanstalk, Cinderella and Little Red Riding Hood. They're all great and much loved by my four-year-old daughter. Because she already knows the stories, she appreciates the humour in the rhymes. They're fun for parents too and I never tire of reading them. Recommended for any young child's collection.
on 15 December 2010
excellent little book, i read it for about two weeks every night to my granddaughter before we went to see the panto so that she would be familar with the story and it worked a treat (she,s 3yr old)!
on 23 June 2013
This is a lovely book. Each page is full of colour and interest and the story is told through poetry. Once you've read this to your child a few times, they'll be able to recite parts of it quite easily and feel confident to join in. For example, my 3 year old daughter likes me to stop reading and let her talk for the some of the characters when it's their turn to say something. She really looks forward to those bits.

The story itself is just the right length and gathers pace nicely with the help of the brilliant bouncy poetry. There are flaps to look behind and a CD included so your child can listen to the story too.

No, it doesn't have the giant saying the original '...grind his bones...' bit, but we still love it. We have other books which include the original text so we're not too bothered about that. The most important thing is this book is totally appropriate for very young children and, as I said before, the illustrations are very appealing indeed.
on 7 October 2010
All brilliant books in this series. A fun retelling of a classic story. My children love the flaps and they are quite good and sturdy too. Highly recommended.
on 25 September 2011
Book does have fe fi fo fum but forgets the Englishman bit. All the same, easy to read and very good bright pictures with interactive windows to open on each page.
on 29 February 2012
I bought this book for my 17 month old little boy and it is now one of his favourite books! He always sits through the whole story, lifting the flaps, listening to the story and looking at the pictures with all his attention (a rare thing with him!). I read it to him every night at bedtime and have since bought a few other stories in this series, all of which he seems to really enjoy reading with me :) This is the best one so far though!
on 10 March 2013
This is my three year old grandsons favorite fairy tale and this is the best illustrated version we have bought him. He loves the folding beanstalk and opening the flaps to the Giant's empty cupboards. He enjoys turning the pages while the CD is playing and talks about the story long after it ends. Will be buying more from the range.
on 7 October 2012
We now have almost all of the Nick Sharratt books and this is a firm favourite with my toddler. I love it too. Great illustrations, interesting to read and funny. He knows all the words because we've read it so often. Can't praise it highly enough, as with all this author's other books. Makes story time a pleasure.
on 18 April 2012
I have read this series of books with my early years class and they absolutely love every one of them. The stories are short but detailed enough to keep young children interested and there are enough flaps to make them want to look at them over and over again. Illustrations are simple but appealing.
on 25 March 2012
I brought the whole series of these books to play to the children at the pre school where I work. They absolutly adore them and want to listen to them over and over again. I really highly recommend these books to anyone who works with children in a pre school or nursery.