on 9 April 2012
I'd have given this 5 stars, but it's not quite so good as the Three Little Pigs from the same series: the illustrations are a touch less imaginative, and they provide a bit less to work with when trying to make an interactive discussion with your child. Most of the flaps just show arbitrary objects in cupboards, rather than anything that adds colour or 'flow' to the story.

But the verse is just as charming and Pam-Ayres-like as the Three Pigs, and having enjoyed these two books for many months, I've come to Amazon this evening to buy everything else of Sharratt+Tucker's that I can get my hands on.

I'd highly recommend this just for the verse and the illustrations, even without the CD (which we lost before playing it) and the flaps.
on 2 May 2014
we have all the books by this author now and they are fab, very engaging, they rhyme really well and just the right length for a toddler bedtime story, my three year old can finish most of the sentence's off in these due to them rhyming which I think has helped his speech, I cant recommend these enough!.
on 16 May 2014
Bought for my three year old grandson who loves these books. In fact he can almost word for word tell the story of Jack and the Beanstalk, which at the moment is his favourite. The story is rhymed and with the cd as an extra addition they are a brilliant buy.
on 12 July 2012
My 3 year old son absolutely LOVES this book and CD. He takes it everywhere and although I thought he may find the flaps a bit babyish, he loves them, especially looking at what's inside granny's wardrobe! I'd thorough;y recommend this book and CD.
on 14 March 2011
My 12 month old loves listening to these books & lifting the flaps. The traditional stories have a great modern comical twist & the illustrations are really good. Well worth it. The CD's are great too & easy to follow with modern music to boot.
on 6 April 2013
We love these books and have them all. I am totally sick of listening to the CDs repeatedly but the kids think they are fantastic and Anna chancellor who reads them sounds very nice indeed. Great buy and cheaper on amazon!
on 16 December 2015
Great visually appealing traditional story books. I am a teacher and bought these when teaching traditional tales. Slightly more expensive than other books on the market but much more appealing
on 15 November 2013
This series of books are lovely . Such high quality pages and bright colorful illustrations . Really good value for the quality of the product .
on 18 February 2014
I purchased this for my son to read to him at bedtime, we have already worn out the pages as he loves it so much!