5.0 out of 5 stars Fab!
Published on 29 Sep 2011 by Buy the best

3.0 out of 5 stars Abit Hit and Miss
I bought this book for my son, and I had a look through it,i like the concept of the book but found the story didn't flow as well as other books that Julia has written, the pictures are lovely and the idea was there it just didn't quite hit the mark this time.
Published 3 months ago by charlie85

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab!, 29 Sep 2011
Julia Donaldson does it again! When my 5 yr old read this, he solemnly informed me that he was only saying 'Knickers' because it's written in the book. The brilliant ryhming style meant that after being read to a few times, he was then able to read it himself - partly from reading, and partly from memory. In my book (pun intended) that's what counts - getting boys to read; and his baby sister LOVES the drawings. Genius. (not to mention being able to have a memorable way of remembering that 'kn' sounds 'n'. If you love this, try ALL her other books: Snail & the Whale; The magic paintbrush; Tiddler; A squash and a squeeze; Monkey puzzle.... She rocks!

5.0 out of 5 stars Already a favourite!!, 8 July 2011
I received this book two days ago and have had to read it to my 5 year old so many times I am getting to know the words off by heart! It is a brilliant story and the illustrations really make it come to life. I have already heard the phrase 'don't get your knickers in twist' being used in my children's conversations! In my opinion this is already a Julia Donaldson classic.

5.0 out of 5 stars A favourite with our 3 year old!, 9 Aug 2011
Mr T Niwa (Belfast, Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
I bought this book blindly based on reviews I had read and must say this has quickly become a favourite with my three year old daughter. A great poetic rhythm and storyline throughout with a phrase ('Dont' get your knickers in a twist!) that has become a fun-loving synonym for encouraging my daughter to not worry and sweat over things that she may encounter in her daily life. Despite only having it a week, Jack and the Flum Flum Tree has already become a daily reading request by my 3 year old. Parents will not bore of this excellent story for young children. Well done Julia Donaldson and team on this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superbly illustrated, great phonics, 1 Aug 2012
Darren Craig (Edinburgh, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This is a beautifully illustrated book, with a great story describing Jack's adventures to retrieve the mystical FlumFlum from its tree to cure his Granny of the 'moozles'. My little boy (2 yrs 0 months) adores it and loves repeating the phonic phrases! Highly recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars A real favouite with my son, 28 April 2012
My son (2 and a half) loves this book, I bought it because after getting this out of the library I had to read it to him every day for 2 weeks. After buying I still had to the same for at least 2 weeks. He has pretty much memorized every word and finishes the sentences for me. I enjoy reading the story too even after several hundred reads, it has a nice rhyme and meter to it. Another classic from Julia D, at least as enjoyable as the Gruffalo.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 11 Jan 2012
Bought for my 4 year old daughter & 6 year old son - they both love the book, they think it is very funny. Yet again Julia Donaldson has came up trumps, her books are fab and my children love them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perhaps not Julia Donaldson's best, but David Roberts transforms this into a great book!, 16 Mar 2014
C. M. Dummett (Basingstoke UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jack and the Flumflum Tree (Paperback)
A young reader said to me once she liked Julia Donaldson books because they all had the same tune! Donaldson is extraordinarily prolific and inevitably some books are going to be more satisfying than others. The story of Jack and his crew's trip to find the fruit of the flumflum tree to cure granny's moozles revolves around two things: the patchwork sack that Granny gives him to solve some of the problems he encounters on the way and a joke about the name of an island. The inclusion of the word 'knickers' as in 'Don't get your knickers in a twist' goes down well with young readers and listeners . At a certain age, there's nothing like a grown-up giving one permission to say a rude word out loud! David Roberts has excelled himself in illustrating this story. His pictures are clear, detailed and a satisfying to pore over. It is a shame that in the paperback edition the end papers, which form a single picture, have been skimped on. The wonderful picture of a seaside town in which all the objects in the patchwork sack have been hidden with great skill, can only be viewed by flipping from front to back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Donaldson hit!, 10 Feb 2013
This review is from: Jack and the Flumflum Tree (Paperback)
Bought this as a stocking filler for my daughter. It is exactly what you would expect from Julia Donaldson, good rhyming and an entertaining read for a 4yr old and her mum!
Arrived quickly,would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jack and the Flum Flum Tree, 14 Jan 2013
My grandson (4) was so excited when he received the book as, he had chosen it from the local library and did not want to take it back - the fact that he not only now had his own copy and a CD to boot he was thrilled. Thank you for your excellent service - ordered it one day and it came the next - well done Amazon. As a senior citizen who is not too au fait with the internet, I will certainly use Amazon again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great book for kids, 26 Nov 2012
This review is from: Jack and the Flumflum Tree (Paperback)
This book is such fun. Jack has such a great imagination. it makes you feel as if you are in the story. Not only will children love it but so will parents/grandparents too. Very colourful and great pictures. Another hit for Julia Donaldson.

Jack and the Flumflum Tree
Jack and the Flumflum Tree by Julia Donaldson (Paperback - 5 July 2012)