5.0 out of 5 stars Fab!
Published on 29 Sep 2011 by Buy the best

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Julia Donaldson's Usual Standard
Not impressed at all with this book!

Granny gets sick and needs some items from the Flumflum Tree in order to recover. Sends children off to find the Flumflum Tree with a number of mindless items to take with them. Lo and behold ... Get ready for it ... Turns out that all the items have some use on their journey. Wow wee! The kids get what they need from...
Published 15 months ago by Prada

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab!, 29 Sep 2011
Julia Donaldson does it again! When my 5 yr old read this, he solemnly informed me that he was only saying 'Knickers' because it's written in the book. The brilliant ryhming style meant that after being read to a few times, he was then able to read it himself - partly from reading, and partly from memory. In my book (pun intended) that's what counts - getting boys to read; and his baby sister LOVES the drawings. Genius. (not to mention being able to have a memorable way of remembering that 'kn' sounds 'n'. If you love this, try ALL her other books: Snail & the Whale; The magic paintbrush; Tiddler; A squash and a squeeze; Monkey puzzle.... She rocks!

5.0 out of 5 stars Already a favourite!!, 8 July 2011
I received this book two days ago and have had to read it to my 5 year old so many times I am getting to know the words off by heart! It is a brilliant story and the illustrations really make it come to life. I have already heard the phrase 'don't get your knickers in twist' being used in my children's conversations! In my opinion this is already a Julia Donaldson classic.

5.0 out of 5 stars entertains from age 2-8, refreshing illustrations and rhythm, 17 April 2012
As other reviewers have commented, Julia has done it again with this one.
The repetitive phrases and rhythm make this book appeal to small babies whilst the older kids love he ingenious uses of the random objects Granny sends Jack away with in the hope of a cure for her spotty ailment. My daughter is always putting toys in canvas bags and this book is likely to encourage her!
The illustrations are really refreshing and the colours really evoke the marine theme and make a nice change from the collaborations with Axel S and Lydia Monks.
Highly readable and re-readable.
No doubt this will be televised and dramatised soon - what fun they will have with the set, the Island of Blowyernose and of course Granny's makeup!

Only comment to the publisher is why not just publish all Julia's books straight into board book format - we all know we are going to read them again and again so board books would be so much appreciated by the early adopters! Perhaps they are just hoping we will wear out the hardback and have tobuy another copy later...............

5.0 out of 5 stars A favourite with our 3 year old!, 9 Aug 2011
Mr T Niwa (Belfast, Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
I bought this book blindly based on reviews I had read and must say this has quickly become a favourite with my three year old daughter. A great poetic rhythm and storyline throughout with a phrase ('Dont' get your knickers in a twist!) that has become a fun-loving synonym for encouraging my daughter to not worry and sweat over things that she may encounter in her daily life. Despite only having it a week, Jack and the Flum Flum Tree has already become a daily reading request by my 3 year old. Parents will not bore of this excellent story for young children. Well done Julia Donaldson and team on this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superbly illustrated, great phonics, 1 Aug 2012
Darren Craig (Edinburgh, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This is a beautifully illustrated book, with a great story describing Jack's adventures to retrieve the mystical FlumFlum from its tree to cure his Granny of the 'moozles'. My little boy (2 yrs 0 months) adores it and loves repeating the phonic phrases! Highly recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars A real favouite with my son, 28 April 2012
My son (2 and a half) loves this book, I bought it because after getting this out of the library I had to read it to him every day for 2 weeks. After buying I still had to the same for at least 2 weeks. He has pretty much memorized every word and finishes the sentences for me. I enjoy reading the story too even after several hundred reads, it has a nice rhyme and meter to it. Another classic from Julia D, at least as enjoyable as the Gruffalo.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 11 Jan 2012
Bought for my 4 year old daughter & 6 year old son - they both love the book, they think it is very funny. Yet again Julia Donaldson has came up trumps, her books are fab and my children love them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Donaldson hit!, 10 Feb 2013
This review is from: Jack and the Flumflum Tree (Paperback)
Bought this as a stocking filler for my daughter. It is exactly what you would expect from Julia Donaldson, good rhyming and an entertaining read for a 4yr old and her mum!
Arrived quickly,would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great book for kids, 26 Nov 2012
This review is from: Jack and the Flumflum Tree (Paperback)
This book is such fun. Jack has such a great imagination. it makes you feel as if you are in the story. Not only will children love it but so will parents/grandparents too. Very colourful and great pictures. Another hit for Julia Donaldson.

5.0 out of 5 stars a classic, 7 Jun 2013
This review is from: Jack and the Flumflum Tree (Paperback)
Another great Julia Donaldson book for children and adults.
I am Granny to my 2 year old grandson and we both love it.
He is just 2 and has memorised this book and so I read and when I stop he fills in the gaps.
Especially " don't get your knickers in a twist "
I believe this will be a great aid to his wanting to learn to read

ARRAY(0xaa493ea0)

Jack and the Flumflum Tree
Jack and the Flumflum Tree by Julia Donaldson (Paperback - 5 July 2012)
3.85