on 7 December 2013
Better than described, arrived within time promised, practically like new for fraction of price - thank my lucky stars I followed my brothers advice (as bought as a Christmas present for my partner) and took the risk as he buys books in this manner often. Thank you, I haven't been disappointed, I've bought a new book in a shop that has been in worse condition from people browsing, but had no option as it's been the only copy!
on 8 January 2014
This book is just first class writen by a man with a knowledge of F1 like no other, At times you will smile and at others times you might almost shed a tear but you will read on to the end as it is a wonderful insight into the world of motor racing and F1.
Would I reccommend this book well yes even if you are not and F1 buff the story is just such a good read.
on 14 September 2013
It's a good book to read an insight of what went on behind the scenes.
As a new fan of the sport it's interesting to read the back ground to the safety features in place today.
I'm starting to get to know more about the sport and this was fascinating information of old and new drivers, circuits, medical requirements and safety features implemented.
on 6 August 2013
Like the his earlier book "Life at the limit" I found the structure of the book a little disjointed, but leaving that aside I found the Professors anecdotes and medical insights thoroughly absorbing. Even if you are not a die-hard fan you will find this book interesting and amusing.
on 12 August 2014
Excellent holiday read nice and light very informative and entertaining. Very well respected author shame he is no longer with us. Got books out of sequence so it's now on to the first one hopefully there will be some informative parts on his special relationship with senna.
on 30 November 2001
I bought this book on the d/w recommendation that Prof. Watkins was "...infinitely more interesting than most of the drivers". If that's so then drivers' accounts must be absolutely excrutiating. True, there are a few engaging anecdotes, but all too often I found myself eagerly moving to the next paragraph for the killer punchline, only to be unceremoniously dumped into a completely new topic.
Much of the race-by-race detail would already be known to regular followers of F1 while, like the previous reviewer, I felt the book had a cobbled-together feel about it, with the later sections acting merely as space-filler.
So yes, by all means read it, but don't expect a treasure-trove of enlightenment.
on 6 November 2013
The book was nothing like I expected it to be. I choose the book because I wanted to know Sid Warkins background and how he got into Motorsport but instead I Titan account of raving drivers acheviements .
on 6 March 2013
Found it to be too much like a series of diary entries - a simple review of the races in year 2000 with little "behind the scenes" information.
More for the medical student with an interest in F1!
on 8 August 2014
Very interesting and informative book looking back at the many racing drivers and their eventful situations. Prof Watkins is humorous and easy to read.
on 28 November 2012
Got it to give to friend- exellent service IT ARRIVED PROMPTLY AND ON TIME.Better than going to library!! Race on !!