5.0 out of 5 stars Vital resource for anbody in the teaching profession.
This book is invaluable for teaching literacy in Primary Schools. As a 3rd Year trainee teacher this book has proved very useful. When presented with teaching a whole range of poetry in Year 6, the book provided the only basic reference source I needed. It has an easy format to follow by simply grouping the poems in poetry type for example, humourous and shape poems. I...
Published on 26 April 2001

3.0 out of 5 stars The Works
This book is a bit "lived in" but quite acceptable. It has lots of poems of all types and generally I am quite pleased with it.
Published 16 months ago by joan mills

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but aimed at older children, 24 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Works: Every Kind of Poem You Will Ever Need at School (Paperback)
This is a good poetry book to pick up and read and discuss a poem with your class. However some poems are complex and aimed at a higher age group than primary school. Overall I would recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted, 29 Oct 2013
Arrived very quickly and in absolute perfect new condition. Was just what I needed, a great selection of poetry. Extremely happy with my purchase thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Primary Teaching, 10 Aug 2013
This book is a valuable tool in the classroom.
I use it for storyline sessions and have different pieces of texts available to fill the odd five minute slots.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good range of poems., 20 July 2013
Just what we needed for literacy! I can use it regularly and every time read a different poem, as well as old favourites.

3.0 out of 5 stars The Works, 19 May 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book!, 27 April 2013
I have used this to read to a Year 1 class and they love it (as do I). loads of different poems to choose from. there is literally a poem for every theme or topic! the children couldn't wait to here a poem from this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, 13 April 2013
I remember my teacher having this book when I was in Primary School, and now as a teacher myself I have to say it is a wonderful resource. You have no need to feel nervous about poetry, there is a beautiful range of poetry and clear instructions about how to create your own poems.

It's a wonderful book, I can't stop singing it's praises! As a student teacher I gave a copy to every teacher whose class I was placed in. It's amazing!

4.0 out of 5 stars poetry, 1 April 2013
Just what I needed for literacy unit for poetry.
With my year 1 class. Great for key stage 2 also

5.0 out of 5 stars This book was really helpful, 7 Mar 2013
Mrs. C. Pearce "Caz" (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
This book is brilliant for helping my kids to study poetry for their exams, the book is split into poetry categories like, sonnets, limericks, songs and also raps!

1.0 out of 5 stars very disappointed daughter, 28 Feb 2013
Content of book excellant but arrived with torn cover. My 8 yr old daughter had bought with her Christmas money and was most disappointed as had been looking forward to having her own copy after reading it at school.

The Works: Every Kind of Poem You Will Ever Need at School
The Works: Every Kind of Poem You Will Ever Need at School by Paul Cookson (Paperback - 2 July 2010)
Used & New from: £0.01