4.4 out of 5 stars1,576
Format: Paperback|Change

on 3 January 2013
I chose this book because there are a variety of colourful characters, and the author keeps you enthralled from start to finish, with the gripping storyline.
on 5 December 2011
This book may have over 900 pages but when I got to the end I thought it was too short. An excellent yarn well written, I cannot wait for the next instalment.
on 8 January 2016
Really powerful book, really shows how life was in the days gone by, the story of how life's changed some for better others you cannot imagine. Great Author
on 1 December 2014
Ken Follett never disappoints. Fantastic book from start to finish. Very long but you never get bored of the well-written characters and historical accuracy.
on 12 November 2014
A well written, well researched book, giving many insights to understanding the war of 194-18. I am looking forward to reading the final book of the trilogy.
on 31 October 2014
I enjoyed following the various people through their lives and I learnt a great deal of history as well..Thanks.Look forward to the next book in the trilogy.
on 8 October 2014
A long book but we'll worth the effort. History and fiction are intertwined almost seamless precision. Made my commute far more entertaining and educational.
on 5 October 2014
Although based loosely on fact, the descriptions of life at the times stated are upsetting, but so real.
I can see this trilogy being made into a film.
on 28 July 2014
Interesting and gripping; history with a storyline that keeps you reading and wanting to know what happens next. Now onto Book 2 and have pre-ordered book 3.
on 21 January 2014
This book covers a vast amount of people and places that help to shape England, Europe and Russia. The book weaves its way through Love, Hate, War and Peace.