Published on 29 July 2010 by A. Martin

3.0 out of 5 stars It was ok but read better
I enjoyed this book but it didn't quite get the juices flowing and to be honest the ending didn't do it for me.
Published 6 months ago by Sharon Seed

5.0 out of 5 stars A terrific book - a must read for imperfect girlfriends everywhere, 29 July 2010
A. Martin - See all my reviews
This review is from: The (Im)Perfect Girlfriend (Paperback)
I can't tell you how much I enjoyed this story. I haven't read the author's first book, 50 Ways to Find a Lover, but I read all the 5* reviews - plus a really nice one in the Guardian - and thought I'd start with her current book. And it is marvellous - there are parts, right from the beginning, that will have you weeping with laughter and empathy for the main character Sarah Sargeant. The scene on the plane had me in stitches. Sarah is so likeable and genuine and there is depth here too as she struggles in a really trying love predicament that did make me ask myself how I would handle the same situation. I read a lot of romantic comedy and this book certainly represents the cream of the crop.

5.0 out of 5 stars Is Lucy-Anne the next Lisa Jewell?, 4 Aug 2010
This review is from: The (Im)Perfect Girlfriend (Paperback)
Read and loved '50 Ways to find a Lover' so was very pleased to see that Lucy-Anne had written another book and a follow-up at that. The cover is quite deceptive because it is quite fluffy in that 'chick-lit' sort of way, but the story touches on serious issues too, but always with an injection of humour. I laughed out loud on the train more than once throughout the first half of the book.
You cannot fail to love the 'heroine' Sarah Sergeant, she is real, self-deprecating and funny.
I always look forward to Lisa Jewell's new books and now I include Lucy-Anne Holmes on that list. Roll on the next book.......

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent read, 8 Feb 2013
This review is from: The (Im)Perfect Girlfriend (Paperback)
found this book very funny, I have now ordered her other books now, it was nice to step out of the real world and fall into this book. giggled all the way through it. recommend to everyone
:0)

5.0 out of 5 stars Laugh out loud and hanky needed perfection, 7 Jun 2012
Dettybo (kent, england) - See all my reviews
What a wonderful, wonderful book. I want to be Sarah, I want to live her scatty wonderful, glass half full life and I want her to be my best friend too. This book has so many laugh out loud yet cringe worthy moments that I couldn't put it down and I wanted more of Sarah, more of her fabulously accident prone life and more of this book. A brilliant read.

5.0 out of 5 stars if u love becky bloomwood you'll love sarah sargeant, 13 Mar 2012
This book is a gem that you shouldn't miss i loved the first book in this series (50 ways to find a lover) and i enjoyed this follow up even more i just hope that there is more to come in the sarah sargeant story!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant!!!, 21 May 2011
This review is from: The (Im)Perfect Girlfriend (Paperback)
This is the sequal to 50 Ways To Find A Lover and it is as rip-roaringly hallarious as the first.
I loved the first book and this didnt disappoint.
So good I recommended both books to my mum and friends.
I would recommend these without doubt to every female.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good fun read., 17 July 2014
I haven't yet read the first of these books but I enjoyed this one. It took me a while to get used to the very chatty style but I soon warmed to the main character. There were many funny, laugh out loud moments. It was a very enjoyable read. I liked the coming together of all the characters at the wedding in the end though I did wonder why Simon was invited - I wasn't sure what his connection was to the happy couple. A small point as I generally enjoyed the story.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Sequel, 12 July 2014
I did enjoy this book, although some bits were a little outrageous, well actually it is one part in the book, but still, it made me cringe a little and think the author had gone a little far fetched. That aside, the book made me laugh and it was a brilliant read if your after something a little different.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great follow up, 6 July 2014
Read this after reading Lucy-Anne Holmes `50 ways....` book and absolutely loved the humour of this book and following Sarah's journey; wish there was another book! A must read for anyone who loves a good bit of romance and comedy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 July 2014
Good read

The (Im)Perfect Girlfriend
The (Im)Perfect Girlfriend by Lucy-Anne Holmes (Paperback - 6 Aug 2010)
Used & New from: £0.01