5.0 out of 5 stars Next of Kin
This book is very good with twists & turns. I haven't read this author before but will look out for his future stories.
Published on 14 Dec 2011 by Lady Patricia

1.0 out of 5 stars Next of Kin
This is a shockingly awful book, the worst I have read for many years. The plot is leaden, the characters are cartoon-like stereotypes and the dialogue is so unconvincing it reads like it has been written in another language and then badly translated. I would normally have tossed a book like this aside after thirty pages but it was so, so ghastly it became gripping. I...
Published on 12 Jan 2012 by Simon

5.0 out of 5 stars Next of Kin, 14 Dec 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars David Hosp, 18 Nov 2011
Found this author by chance and thought I would try one of his books - have now read all he has written - they are about court cases and all they involve and have thoroughly enjoyed them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another gem, 30 Sep 2011
I. B. Pitbladdo "jacandian" (Edinburgh) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Next of Kin (Scott Finn 5) (Paperback)
This is another great story from David Hosp. In previous stories we learned how his character Scott Finn had pulled himself up from a life on the streets to become a successful lawyer. With this one we learn about his origins in a fast paced and exciting tale.
I think I remarked in an earlier review that David Hosp could become as popular as the great Michael Connelly, after reading this I have no reason to change that view...great stuff, more please.

4.0 out of 5 stars Next of Kin review, 6 Aug 2014
I enjoyed this book a lot. Seems I read it out of sequence having not read the earlier ones in the series. Don't think this mattered a lot as you can read this as a stand-alone novel quite well. The story was well crafted and moved along nicely with the main characters well drawn. Presumably if you had read the earlier books you would know them somewhat better. The test with me in reading most books is how much I have an overall wish to read it to the end, as quickly as possible, to find out what happens. This was always the case here so scores well on that one. I can recommend this as a really good read with strong story line and interesting characters and good denouement. Hope this is of assistance.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gift, 21 Jan 2014
This review is from: Next of Kin (Scott Finn 5) (Paperback)
This item was a gift so I can not comment on content. Person liked the gift and seemed to have no problems with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars A very enjoyable series....., 11 Dec 2012
A. F. Prestwich (West Sussex) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Next of Kin (Scott Finn 5) (Paperback)
Like other reviewers I have now read all of the Scott Finn books and have thoroughly enjoyed all of them. Building his characters from the first book through to the final one, Hosp has built an amusing team around Finn and the interaction between them is excellent. You never get bogged down in any particular area of the books, you dip into court, then into the office and then on to the investigation; all that makes for a good read. The author possibly now needs to introduce slightly more involved plot lines at the same time keeping it plausible with a slight tightening of the dialogue now he has established the main team.
Look forward to his next and added to my list of 'must read authors'.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb reading, 28 May 2012
This review is from: Next of Kin (Scott Finn 5) (Paperback)
This book is a brilliant read with an excellent plot that twists and weaves to the very end. Very believable characters which are likable. Comprehensive ending which I really enjoy as I hate it all being left to my imagination. Sadly I have read all his books now. Only slight criticism is I would have liked some courtroom drama but it doesn't detract from the book. Highly recommended - can't believe one reviewer gave it one star - must be competition! I would certainly rate Hosp up there with Child and Connelly

5.0 out of 5 stars Un-put-downable, 17 Mar 2012
This review is from: Next of Kin (Scott Finn 5) (Paperback)
Have never read David Hosp before, but certainly will now. What a clever story,twisting right to the end. Would highly recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars A Pleasant Surprise, 26 Jan 2012
From reading the plot summary this seemed like a book I would enjoy but when I started reading it I found it hard to read and quite tiresome however for some reason I persevered and after 100 pages this really picks up the pace and gets incredibly exciting and thrilling with plenty of twists to kepp you entertained. Okay, so this is not up there with Patterson or Child but this is still a very enjoyable read, so stick with it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 26 Dec 2011
This review is from: Next of Kin (Scott Finn 5) (Paperback)
Great book & a very good read.
Chosen by a book group I attend & went down very well with a wide mix of people & ages.
First book by Hosp I've read & I'm looking forward to reading more.
highly recommend.

Next of Kin (Scott Finn 5)
Next of Kin (Scott Finn 5) by David Hosp (Paperback - 2 Sep 2011)