on 31 July 2007
I bought this book today and I've got to tell you I just could not put it down! Believe it or not it is not boring! Kids and even adults will get a lot of fun out of this book. Every page is filled with cool questions and fascinating answers e.g. Will we be able to travel back in time? Will people have flying cars? Why is snot green? Find out all the answers in this book. You get lots of answers to the same question to help you understand more about the topic e.g. Why is the sky blue? (answer) Eh? Wait a minute - I thought air was invisible... (answer) and so on! It seems like the book will never end and that's a good thing! Anyway this is a great book and it is well worth the money. Buy it! You won't regret it!
on 3 March 2008
I am a Grand Ma and improved my Grand Ma ratings with all my grand children when I gave this to a 7 year old for Christmas. Cool, awsome, and other such things that are not often associated with Grand Ma's. All that said, I enjoyed the book myself as I have a hard and fast rule, don't give anything you would not like to receive. It is also the sort of book you can go back to over and over again, and, I am assured, it has a high swap value!!!
on 6 February 2009
great book to entertain children's questions about the most embrassing subjects in science, whilst educating them!well targetted for kids aged 9 to 11-ish.
VINE VOICEon 19 March 2011
I bought this book as a present for a ten year old boy and he and his friends seemed to enjoy it. They spent a lot of time giggling over it anyway so I take that as a success. Let's face it, you can't go wrong with a title and cover like that one! I can't comment on it personally since I didn't read it but I did buy it based on some of the reviews here and since I bought it I thought I should post up some kind of response.
on 3 October 2011
I bought this for my Kindle as my son wanted some books that could be read to him from his Mum's new toy. The book itself appears to be an extremely well written, entertaining and educational science book for kids that would have completely captivated him if it were not for the fact that the kindle edition has all the questions missing from the text. As the answers are written in a conversational style this makes the whole thing somewhat pointless as you have to then try and work out from the first paragraph of the answer what the question might have been.
Looking at the preview views of the paper version these are in a different font but the other illustrations are copied accurately and its not really an excuse as this is not free.
By all means buy the actual book (and we almost certainly shall track it down and buy it now, though am sufficiently annoyed at Amazon to buy it from another retailer) but DO NOT buy the kindle version
on 6 July 2013
Great factual book that captures children's interests through the usually 'unasked' and definitely 'unanswered' questions that they have! I use it as a basis for a question of the week and the children have to go away and research the answer
on 12 July 2013
I bought several of these books and think they are great my granddaughter loves them carn`t put them down till she finishes the book grandad likes them and reads them first.
on 18 January 2012
This book is a big hit with my 7 year old and despite being smaller than it appeared in the image, it is still a fab read for those of any age interested in learning a few useful facts. I like the way this book has been written and there is more focus on the text as opposed to the images, making it slightly different to the fact books you usually see around that focus more on the larger coloured glossy images. This book is probably suitable for children aged 7+ if reading to themselves, although there is nothing stopping you from reading it to a younger child of course!
on 5 May 2013
I love this book because it tells you about different things. It also tells you about why snot is green. I think it is a great book
for all ages because it is interesting .

My favourite part in this book is when they tell you
about why is snot green because it is very interesting and the questions. Also I have another favourite part which is the best part is that the starting of each chapter on the first two pages was bold writing about what the chapter was about .
on 23 May 2013
This was a present for my grandaughter aged 10, she tells me it is fun to read and she learns a lot from it.