5.0 out of 5 stars Sad, enthralling, humorous
USED COPIES OF THIS PUBLICATION ARE AVAILABLE FROM VARIOUS SELLERS ON THE AMAZON SITE - PLEASE SEE PRODUCT LINK ABOVE FOR DETAILS.

Published on 1 Mar 2011 by Midnight

3.0 out of 5 stars Memories
I realise that these weren't the most expensive books but they do have a really cheap feel to them which is somewhat off -putting. That said I'm looking forward to the memories of the stories and the laughter they are sure to bring.
Published on 5 July 2011 by Hillyx

5.0 out of 5 stars Sad, enthralling, humorous, 1 Mar 2011
Midnight - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

I read all these books when they first came out and thoroughly enjoyed them all then. The stories are sad, enthralling, humorous - in fact they combine to cover almost every emotion you can experience! They are able to transport you back in time and entertain no matter what age you are.

Over the years my original copies had become very dilapidated so I was pleased to have the opportunity to replace them with this complete set.

Very well written and must now certainly be considered as becoming classic entertainment when you want to lose yourself into some light, easy reading.

4.0 out of 5 stars Still as good as ever, 11 Feb 2011
My 12-year-old daughter isn't in to the usual young teenage fiction of Jaqueline Wilson or fantasy sci-fi, so it's tricky to find something to suit - particularly as she will get through a book in a day given the chance. Then inspiration struck. She loves animals. An animal based book that was fun but not too tear jerking like so many of the 'Marley-style' (which she loved until the end!) shaggy dog and cat stories which have been appearing of late. From my own recollections this seemed an ideal choice. Though slightly concerned that getting the whole set might be a waste if she didn't take to them, I shouldn't have been worried. So far they're getting the same rave reviews from her as they did from me when I first read them. Long may they continue.

The set arrived in good time, well packaged, and so the service gives no reason for anything other than praise.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic..a lovely gentle read, 7 April 2010
This review is from: The Complete James Herriot (Paperback)
I read these books many years ago and loved them....I am delighted to read them again. The books are warm, extremely funny, well written and I know my 12 year old son will enjoy them...just like I did. They are make gentle reading...perfect for winter evenings, holidays and I feel like i have learnt a lot about another way of life. The stories are so funny you will force other people to read them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent after-sale service!, 4 April 2012
This review is from: The Complete James Herriot (Paperback)
I received my boxed book set very rapidly, but unfortunately found that it contained 2 copies of the same title & that one was missing. Living in France, I didn't want to go to the expense of sending the whole box back & waiting for a replacement, I contacted Bangzo by e-mail & received the missing copy very rapidly. This is the kind of customer service I appreciate- the error was that of the publisher, they could have asked me to return the whole box, but were very understanding and did their utmost to ensure my satisfaction.

4.0 out of 5 stars an old friend, 14 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Complete James Herriot (Paperback)
Having lost my original copies during a move I bought these when I wanted to revisit the stories. They are a cheap print and not up to the standard of the originals but the words are they same so satisfied my need.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent present. My children are hooked., 5 Oct 2012
Excellent set of books.
My children are reading them every night and are thoroughly enjoying the stories. Well worth every penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars a classic, 7 May 2012
Mr. S. Duncan "Steven D" (Birmingham , UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Complete James Herriot (Paperback)
My son wants to be a vetenary surgeon , so as a joke I got him these books. But, he really seemed to like them. I've never read them myself {it's one of those that you know about it but never have actually read it} all I remember is the tv series. If my 17 year old son thought they were funny , then they must have a wide appeal still

5.0 out of 5 stars Just excellent!, 4 Mar 2012
This review is from: The Complete James Herriot (Paperback)
Wonderful stories, so up to date after all those years (living in a country and having a vet at home puts me in a good position to see it). Beautifully published book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy days, 24 Jan 2012
This review is from: The Complete James Herriot (Paperback)
James Herriot always struck me, through his writing, as a man who didn't take himself seriously, but could take a joke at his expense and still see the funny side. He also struck me as a man who was totally content with his life, someone I'd like to have met. These books bring back all that simple joy - everyone should read them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic stories, 11 May 2011
Midnight - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Complete James Herriot (Paperback)
USED COPIES ARE AVAILABLE FROM VARIOUS SELLERS ON THE AMAZON SITE - PLEASE SEE PRODUCT LINK ABOVE FOR DETAILS.

ARRAY(0xb577551c)

The Complete James Herriot
The Complete James Herriot by James Herriot (Paperback - 1 May 2006)
Used & New from: 40.00