Format: PaperbackChange

on 13 March 2012
This is Lucy D's second book on infidelity. 'Any way you want me `focused on what it is like as the cheater and 'over you' flips this and explores what it is like to be the one who is cheated on.

Josie, Nell and Lisa are meeting up for the first time in years. Josie is a loving wife and mother who adores her family and although craves the fun single life could bring she is comfortable and settled. Desperate for child number 2 she is determined to expand her perfect family further, but how far will she push for it? Nell is the resident globe trotter. She has been around the world and back and seen some amazing sights, but now she is back is she happy? Lisa is a career woman. She has no time for men or children as she is 100% focused on becoming the best but at what cost? The weekend was over all too soon and the girls go back to their lives, but with big secrets uncovered some lives flourish while others get significantly worse.

It's hard to review this book in all its glory as I will be giving far too much away but it mainly centres on secrets and friendship. I would read both books in close concession as it is nice to see the differences between being the cheater and the cheated on and although they are two separate stories, Lucy portrays them both amazingly. Would highly recommend.
on 22 November 2010
Where to start with this book?
This is a strange book for me to say whether l loved it or not, the blurb l feel basically tells the story and find it pretty cliche for the rest of the book. I therefore didn't connect greatly with the story line, feeling like l was just reading a pretty plain storyline that didn't ever have me gripped or unable to put the book down. It's the sort of book you would read if wanted a easy going book to read while you have a lot on your mind or are busy and can only read in small sections, l don't think this is the sort of book you would want to sit and read a big chunk of in one go.
However l thought this book was written in a way where even though it was pretty predictable all the way through l still connected to the main character, Josie and therefore found l enjoyed this book.
on 20 August 2008
I read Over You in just two days. I found myself unable to put it down... I was completely lost in the world Lucy D created.

There's something so fresh and clear about Lucy's style of writing that made me smile with delight that this wasn't just another run of the mill chick lit novel.

It explores how important friendships are and how devestating betrayal is when it involves the people you trust the most.

Although this didn't make me cry (unlike Lucy D's first novel, Any Way You Want Me, which I cried buckets with) I did feel like I really cared for all the characters. The characters are so startlingly frank - I loved them! And that's thanks to Lucy's wonderfully honest style of writing.

I can't wait for Lucy's next offering as her books just keep getting better and better.
on 14 October 2013
I really enjoy Lucy Diamond books and this is no exception. I loved the characters and felt so sorry for Josie and got a real sense of the betrayal and rejection she felt. I like Nell as the whirlwind friend and I like the way the twins are portrayed. Their childish characterisation gives the novel an extra dimension showing that despite what Josie has went through she must still be a good mother, and then once the twins are put to bed you can nearly hear Josie breathing a sigh of relief that she can safely feel whatever way she wants to.

Only negative is the absolutely APPALLING editing for the kindle version. At one stage "he'll" becomes hell, words are missed out etc. etc.

But a terrific read!
on 13 April 2009
Over You is a perfect book to escape with. From the start you're swept away with the characters and want to know what happens to them. You know where you are with it and nothing jars or snags. However saying that it is written in a fresh and modern voice. Lucy has a knack of putting her finger on now. And her characters could be any one of us or our friends.
Highly recomended.
on 28 July 2015
The three main characters, Josie, Nell and Lisa have been friends since their 20's, however as their lives changed they drifted apart. Josie married, Lisa is focused on her career, while Nell is the drifter of the group. However when Josie's marriage comes to and end, her friends rally round, only for Josie to discover Lisa has had an affair with her husband and that she has feelings for Nell's brother. As Josie struggles to put her life together again, old friendships fade and new ones are formed, and I mentally cheered Josie on as she made a new and successful life for herself.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 June 2015
Another diamond here! This story is heartachingly good. The characters are believable, and you end up on a rollercoaster of emotions with the main character. The only flaw - and for me it's quite a big one - is the amount of grammar mistakes throughout the book. The word "voice" is italicized every time it's written, spelling mistakes, lack of punctuation.. every page had several mistakes, which did take away from the story. Other than that, I was very happy with this book, and again lost hours of sleep "just finishing this page"!!!
on 11 December 2012
Nicely written book. Quirky writer. Enjoyed the unusual storyline and have added Lucy Diamond to my list of regular searches for books.
on 19 May 2014
I adore Lucy Diamond and immediately delved into Over You and read it pretty quickly. It does what it says in the title, we embark on a journey with the main character trying to get over someone. For me it didn't quite have the wow factor, in places it was a little unbelievable and the characters were perhaps a bit cold compared to other books I've read by this author. A good holiday read - but for me, I think it needed a little more sparkle.
on 18 November 2010
The books is quite good.. but the story itself wasn't fast and I kept thinking "why are you doing this, you're an idiot." about josie, my mum liked it though, I might be too young to fully get it.

EDIT(8/3/14): read it since then, still have same issue with it. Have no sympathy for the character at all, or any of them actually.