5.0 out of 5 stars Housewife Up
Read read read this book Housewife Down is the first book read that first they are a fantastic set of books so funny personally one of the best ever series of books I haver ever read.
Published 18 months ago by Jules

1.0 out of 5 stars I gave up
Slightly better than the first, but that is at half way through - I still cannot believe how the woman could exist in this century - she needs protecting from herself. I've given up on it.
Published on 28 Feb 2007 by Demetri Linda-p

1.0 out of 5 stars I gave up, 28 Feb 2007
Demetri Linda-p "LDemi3" (Cyprus) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Housewife Up (Paperback)

2.0 out of 5 stars Please give customers the information they need before they buy, 19 Sep 2008
This review is from: Housewife Up (Paperback)
I do wish publishers would say clearly on the cover of a book if it is part of a series. I didn't work this out until I was half way through this one, and so I wasted a lot of valuable junk-reading time trying to figure out the briefly sketched characters and happenings which formed the basis for this plot.

The best thing about this book was that it did not round everything up in a nice tidy happy-ever-after two-by-two ending - but now I realise that that is only because there is a third book in the series. Presumably that is where all the loose ends will be tied up and Helen can sail off into the sunset with a suitably perfect man. I don't think I will bother finding out.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing and irritating, 4 May 2011
This review is from: Housewife Up (Paperback)
Not quite sure how this author was accepted. Very bland, I turned the pages in the hope it would improve, sadly not. I would like to say I stayed with it to the end but I gave up and it's now in the bin. I so look forward to turning the pages of a new book, full of anticipation for a good read - what a disappointment in this instance. Housewife Up is the most dreadful read I've experienced in years. Will not be buying her books again.

3.0 out of 5 stars ok, 9 Feb 2007
Lindymck (Falkirk, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Housewife Up (Paperback)
slightly better than the first novel. the main characters naivety is so annoying, has she been living in a vaccum!!!! she cant be that clueless!!!! the relationship between Helen and Rick was so sweet, its the only thing good!

5.0 out of 5 stars Housewife Up, 20 Jun 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 12 Nov 2014
This review is from: Housewife Up (Paperback)
So funny if we could all have girlfriends like this

4.0 out of 5 stars Frothy, frivolous and funny!, 22 July 2010
This review is from: Housewife Up (Paperback)
I was actually very pleasantly surprised by this book! I was unimpressed by its predecessor, 'Housewife Down', in which Helen, our leading lady, loses her vile husband in a freak accident just as she is losing the will to live in her own marriage. In this installment, Helen's inherited fortune has been frittered away by a fraudulent 'investment guru', and she finds herself having to step back into the world of work after thirteen years as a downtrodden housewife. Throw in a slimy boss, an even slimier toyboy, a luxury yacht and a whole bunch of sassy friends, and you've pretty much got it.

Fortunately for me, this book was worth the 'one more chance, Alison' gamble. The author has seriously upped her game since the last book, and I found the whole thing much more enjoyable. The writing was all-round better, with some very amusing dialogue, sparkier characters, a more organised plot and a welcome dose of attitude. It's light, fluffy and great fun - perfect for a sunny summer day with a cocktail or an evening in with a tub of ice cream!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hugely Enjoyable, 2 Nov 2008
This review is from: Housewife Up (Paperback)
Where has this author been hiding! She writes with such intelligence and wit she has breathed new life into the chick-lit genre - my wife has read all her books and has bought several copies for her friends too and I have to admit that as a guy who generally doesn't read novels these make for perfect reading when on my travels.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and typically Alison!, 16 Oct 2007
Conolly Gage Esq "The Dude" (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Housewife Up (Paperback)
Well thought I would way in with a review of one of my friends books, which I think are fabulous. I am not renown for being a great reader but Alison's books always just make me laugh. The fortunes of the poor Helen are brilliant and are a laugh a minute. Ok so we may not all of us found ourselves in some of Helens scrapes, but in think we can all relate to them!!! What can I say a great easy read...but then I am biased!!! Well done Ali.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loving Housewife Up, 21 Mar 2008
Mrs. M. Mcintyre "m mcintyre" (dundee, scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Housewife Up (Paperback)
I've read Alison's books the wrong way round. I bought Housewife On Top, out of frustration as i couldn't find another 'great read' and I laughed my socks off at it, ordered this one from here (amazon) and I'm doing the same again with this one, laughing out loud, and reading extracts to my husband (who's not into girly books and even he chuckles slightly!)

Well done Alison, i'll read Housewife Down next and hopefully she might have another new one out soon....keep it up Alison

Housewife Up
Housewife Up by Alison Penton Harper (Paperback - 1 Sep 2006)
Used & New from: £0.01