Format: Paperback|Change

on 20 November 2013
New to Billy. He is brilliant to say the least. Finds complicity between the mundane and obscure. Can be very funny. Always intuitive . Fun to read. No trouble with his. Not sure about the cover : but that's poetry for you.
on 4 July 2010
Billy Collins America's most popular living poet is not well known in Britain. If you like reading poetry you will enjoy this Master. If you are not interested in poetry Billy Collins will engage and convert you.
on 19 November 2013
I really love this book. The cover image is evocative and the contents do not disappoint. The poems of Billy Collins in the book are often based on the daily life and sometimes about the process of writing. They have a delicate magic.
on 22 June 2009
This collection by Collins is witty, benevolent and humanitarian. Collins writes about daily matters and big questions in a profound and original way.
I love these verses from "The Lanyard"in which Collins depicts the relation of a boy with his mother:

"Here are thousands of meals, she said,
and here is clothing and a good education.
And here is your lanyard, I replied,
which I made with a little help from a counselor.

Here is a breathing body and a beating heart,
strong legs, bones and teeth,
and two clear eyes to read the world, she whispered,
and here, I said, is the lanyard I made at camp..."

Brilliant poems worth reading.

Joyce Akesson, author of Love's Thrilling Dimensions
on 13 December 2012
More of Billy Collins great poems that never have a single word more than they need, sad and funny ion the same page
on 11 November 2014
I shall be reading Billy Collins again, probably daily, from now on.
His poetry helps me, and makes me smile.
on 13 August 2014