4.0 out of 5 stars They're Cryptic, challenging, and frustrating!, 1 Aug 2013
Annie W "bookworm" (Aberdeenshire, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Daily Telegraph Cryptic Crossword Book 55: No. 55 (Paperback)
Comprised of the Daily Telegraph's standard cryptic puzzles, this book is ideal for taking on holiday when going somewhere where the English daily paper is either hugely expensive, or simply not available. The great advantage over the daily puzzle is that the answers are right there at the back of the book, should you need a bit of assistance (a polite way of saying you might feel forced to cheat). If I suggest it often enough, perhaps the Telegraph will consider putting these puzzles into a spiral binding, so that the book can be laid flat when in use; hope springs eternal!

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite cryptic crosswords, 20 Aug 2011
ArumLily (High Wycombe (UK)) - See all my reviews
I have been doing Daily Telegraph Cryptic Crosswords for many years. They are the best. They keep the mind active & I`ve learnt from them too. I first started by doing the crosswords in the Daily Telegraph as it was the paper delivered to the company for whom I worked, 4 of us used to do the crossword in our lunchbreak & that`s how I became hooked. The Thursday compiler was my favourite. When I left & went to another company I started a Daily Telegraph Cryptic Crossword group, I bought the paper, photocopiied the crossword & give the copies to colleagues. (probably illegal!) At the end of the day we`d compare notes. Great fun. I eventually started buying the books. For first timers it does help if you have someone around who`s done them before & there is a book available - Daily Telegrph `How to do a cryptic crossword`.

Daily Telegraph Cryptic Crossword Book 55: No. 55
Daily Telegraph Cryptic Crossword Book 55: No. 55 by Telegraph Group Limited (Paperback - 16 Sep 2005)
7.99