5.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE - EACH BOOK IS PUBLISHED UNDER TWO TITLES
The Mediator books are great stories but before you buy - BEWARE. The title list implies there are 12 "Mediator" book titles by Meg Cabot whereas there are only 6, but each book is published under 2 different titles (why?). For information: "Mediator 1 - Love You To Death" ISBN 0 330437372 is identical to "Shadowland (Mediator)" ISBN 0060725117; "Mediator 2 - High...
Published on 16 Dec. 2007 by Mr

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute but a slow starter with some flaws
This is quite a cute book. I like the concept of a ghost mediator and the ghost in her bedroom etc.

I felt that the story was really slow to start. I get that the author was trying to set the scene of moving and the family etc but nothing happened for a long time, and it was really quite repetitious in places.

Once you got to the actual story it was...
Published 4 months ago by J C Mitchinson

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome..!, 9 Sept. 2008
This review is from: The Mediator 1: Love You to Death: No. 1 (Paperback)
This book is the first in an AWESOME series. I'd only ever read the Princess Diaries (who is by the same author) but then I came across this book in a library. Well, the next thing I know, I started buying the whole series!
Susannah has had to move from New York to California-which included making some BIG changes in life! Her Dad died when she was younger so Suze is used to just her and her Mum. Now she has a Step-Dad and three Step-Brothers to cope with.
Oh, and to make matters more complicated, she can see and talk to ghosts (No one knows but her) and a totally hot spanish ghost is living in her bedroom!
If you thought Princess Diaries was good, buy this book!

//.snap C=

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy enough, 17 Oct. 2011
This review is from: The Mediator 1: Love You to Death: No. 1 (Paperback)
This was a really easy read and I'd have probably enjoyed it more when I was younger but I found it to be quite mediocre now, what with the larger selection of books that are available in the paranormal genre. It was very basic but the plot and characters were decent and I found that the protagonist was a pretty strong, likeable one - I think Susannah's group of friends, especially Cee Cee sounded intriguing too and I'd like to learn more about them. It'll be interesting to see what the next book in the series holds and I'm hoping it'll be a bit deeper than this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ghostly Brilliance, 19 July 2003
By A Customer
Once again Carroll exceeds expectations with Reunion, the third book in 'the mediator' series. Suze is again tangled up in her fight with the dead, and when she investigates the deaths of four high-school students, she finds herself in danger again when she makes friends with the suspected killer. But then, when he gets too close for comfort, she has no choice but to call for help, and it comes in the form of her old friend Jesse. An excellent read that makes you unable to put the book down! The fourth book, Darkest Hour, follows on, with the 5th eagerly anticipated!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book .. However not so keen on Suze., 27 Jan. 2009
S. Sweeting (Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Mediator 1: Love You to Death: No. 1 (Paperback)
I love reading anything to do with the supernatural so when I picked up this book, I was really excited; Meg Cabot is one of my favourite authors so I wanted to see how she would tackle a book about ghosts.

The plot was really interesting and you never really knew what was going to happen next. Everything was well thought out by Cabot and the book managed to keep me gripped right until the end.

However, Meg Cabot usually creates a really likable lead character; someone who everyone can relate to. I found it really hard to relate to the character of Suze. In parts of the book she was really aggressive towards people and I found that in parts of the book I really disliked her. And for once in a Meg Cabot book, I didn't want the lead girl to get the guy!

I am going to read the rest of the series and see if my judgement on Suze will change ( I hope it does because the story of this book was ace!!!)

If you liked this you'll like:

Jinx - Meg Cabot
Wicca/ Sweep series - Cate Tiernan
Twilight Saga - Stephenie Meyer

5.0 out of 5 stars She Sees Dead people!!! Brilliant as usual., 31 July 2002
This review is from: Reunion (The Mediator) (Paperback)
Reunion is the third book in jenny Carroll's excellent Mediator series. For those who haven't read these books- well you should, but allow me to bring you up to speed. Suze the main character is a 16 year old girl who is burdened with a new stepfather, and three stepbrothers whom she swiftly renames Doc (the youngest and most loveable), Sleepy and Dopey, and oh yeah she also inherits a hot Latino ghost called Jesse who hails from the time of cowboys and isn't looking to check out of her room anytime soon. Suze is not only a smart mouthed chick but she has a gift. She is a mediator with the ability to see, touch and speak to ghosts, and as such it is much to her chagrin her duty to settle their differences and help them move across to the Other Side.
Naturally Suze isn't too thrilled about this duty but with the help of her school principal the charming Father Dom she gets through it. Suze's position and her secret identity is threatened in this installment by her best friend from New York, Gina coming to stay with her. Whilst trying to prevent the ghosts of three vengeful high school seniors exacting their revenge against the nerd that they believe is responsible for their fatal car crash, she must also prevent her Sleepy and Dopey fighting for Gina's affections and keep her ability under wraps.
Jenny Carroll's style of writng is amazing well plotted with very believable characters Suze's personality is a joy after years of sappy YA heroines, her speech is littered with pop culture references and slang and her interactions with the other characters will make you laugh out loud, especially when she decides that the only way to keep the nerd safe is to date him- a fate worse than death. of course things are never that easy for Suze so she quickly finds that perhaps the ghosts are right to want vengeance on Mark the geek who may or may not be responsible for their untimely deaths.
If you are a fan of YA fiction or Buffy for that matter you will eat this book up with a spoon it's witty, fun and a rollicking good character driven mystery. Is it just me or is anyone else out there becoming worryingly obssessed with Jesse the incredibly good looking ghost?

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable but the plot wasnt that good..., 9 July 2012
It was gripping in the certain parts, but the plot didnt grip me throughout, but on the whole it is an enjoyable read but not good enough to get 5 stars because of the plot.

However, this book is perfect for teens who like supernatural books, as it did crack me up a few times... :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!!!, 19 Feb. 2006
This review is from: The Mediator 1: Love You to Death: No. 1 (Paperback)
I just loved this Meg Cabot book! I COULD NOT PUT IT DOWN! it is an original and true chic novel! With a good satisfying romance! I was engrossed in it, from the very begining, to the very end!!!! JUST BRILLIANT! i cannot find the words to describe how good it is!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome, 3 July 2007
Lindymck (Falkirk, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Mediator 1: Love You to Death: No. 1 (Paperback)
i loved meg cabot missing series so now reading this one. i totally love it but feel its very similar to buffy the vampire series so dont know who stole what from who!!!!

great first novel to introduce us to suze and her new life, good basis for the future novels

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow...Suze is brill!!, 28 Jan. 2008
Cheryl Brassey "story lover" (Isle of Anglesey, North Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Mediator 1: Love You to Death: No. 1 (Paperback)
Meg Cabot never ceases to amaze me with the characters she creates. They are such great kick ass girls. Suze is the best I've met so far, but then again all the others are great too.
Read this book, you'll love it. And you'll want your own bedroom ghost too!

5.0 out of 5 stars This Book is Fantastic!!!, 12 Jan. 2009
This review is from: The Mediator 1: Love You to Death: No. 1 (Paperback)
I bought this book because I liked Jinx and thought that if this was as hlaf as good it would be amazing. IT IS EVEN BETTER!!! A must have for every teenage girls bookshelf. I can't wait till I buy the next ones!

The Mediator 1: Love You to Death: No. 1
The Mediator 1: Love You to Death: No. 1 by Meg Cabot (Paperback - 6 Aug. 2004)
Used & New from: £0.01