5.0 out of 5 stars Meg Cabot is amazing!
Published on 23 Jan. 2005 by Kindle Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable, quick and easy read...
Published on 9 Feb. 2006 by DevJohn01

5.0 out of 5 stars Meg Cabot is amazing!, 23 Jan. 2005
Kindle Customer (Charlton, London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Boy Meets Girl (Paperback)
I read the two books (Boy Meets Girl, & The Guy Next Door) in the wrong order. However, I found both books funny, romantic and great read. Boy meets Girl is so much better that The Guy Next door as it doesn't just use E-mails. The romance between KAte and Mitch was so clearand natural. Every time I read it I discover more parts that I hadn't read before. I hope she does another book avout this series.

3.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable, quick and easy read..., 9 Feb. 2006
DevJohn01 (Somerset, NJ) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Boy Meets Girl (Paperback)
Let me start off by saying that this book is not nearly as complicated as the above synopsis makes it sound. 'BOY MEETS GIRL' is told in a series of e-mails, voice mails and hand written notes. It is about Kate McKenzie a woman who loves her job but hates her boss nicknamed, the T.O.D. (Tyrannical Office Despot) by she and her best friend Jen. However, when the T.O.D. forces Kate to fire one of the most beloved members of the food service staff Kate feels she needs to take a stand, but before she gets a chance she is hit with a wrongful termination lawsuit. Now Kate must try to see that justice is served all while trying to hold on to her job and impress the handsome lawyer that was assigned to her case.
I found `BOY MEETS GIRL' to be laugh out loud funny and quick to read (perfect for a long plane ride), however the e-mail format made it a little harder for me to get into the story. I felt as though I didn't get to know enough about the characters and while I did enjoy `BOY MEETS GIRL' I do not think that I would want to read another book in this format, 3 ½ stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Read, 3 Mar. 2004
This review is from: Boy Meets Girl (Paperback)
This was a truly enjoyable read, Meg Cabot really has something th offer as an author for adult literature. The format of the book, if some what different made it all the more entertaining. If you're a fan of Bridget Jones then you'll love this!

5.0 out of 5 stars Kill The T.O.D..., 28 Mar. 2007
...I hate her :(! LOL.

Ah I loved this book, the jokes within are absolutely perfect,

"If you sprinkle when you tinkle, be a sweetie and wipe the seatie!" - Classic

Another love story, our hero's a lawyer... so hot! Warring with his family, he takes Jen's side in a legal battle... the attraction is there from day one. Dolly Vargas is hilarious, her appearance in every book in the boy series is commended, she's one character I think Meg Cabot should include in all her books... "Ski-Boy"... too funny! Read the book and you'll figure out what that's funny.

We also see the downfall of an evil supervisor, Amy aka the T.O.D. It has everything a good book should, romance, humour and good vs. bad... but dealt with in a light way. Words cannot describe the pleasure one acquires from this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really excellent book, 15 Feb. 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Boy Meets Girl (Paperback)
I really enjoyed this book. It is based around a different character than 'Boy Next Door,' but it is just as good. This book is not only told through emails, but through journal entries, scraps of paper, instant messages and notes scribbled on menus. The character in 'Boy Meets Girl' is Kate Mackenzie, a 20 something yr old from Kentucky. She works in the Human Resources division of the New York Journal, the same company for which Mel Fuller (from Boy Next Door) works.
In the book, Kate is forced to fire a much loved member of staff, who then goes on to sue the company for wrongful termination of contract, and Kate is blamed. The twist is that the fiancé of Kate's boss Amy is the person responsible for the 'termination of contract.' He legally represents the company, and gets his brother Mitch to represent the company. Mitch, unlike his snobby older brother is a more down to earth character, and he takes a liking to Kate, and vice-versa.
If you have read 'The Boy Next Door,' the connection between the two books is that Mitch's sister is married to Jason, whose brother John is married to Mel Fuller, who works in Features of the New York Journal. The plot is interesting, and the ending satisfactory, so i highly recommend the book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Odd but good., 18 Sept. 2004
This review is from: Boy Meets Girl (Paperback)
When I first picked up this book the format had me feeling a little bit bewildered, but after a few pages I got used to it and it became quite useful, being a mother of small children I rarely have the chance to sit and read undisturbed, and this book is one that you can pick up and put down at will.
The characters are easy to grow to love, the love chemistry is there but sort-of hidden, the plot thickens and you're willing it all to turn out okay in the end, or at least I was.
Since this was the first book by Meg Cabot that I'd ever picked up I was pleasantly surprised and intend to read more of her work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Boy meets girl, 9 Jun. 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Boy Meets Girl (Paperback)
I love this book. it's one of those books you can read over and over again. If you've read "the guy next door" from the same author, it's even better cause the story is also situated around the office of the New York Journal. Further, lots of characters from "the guy next door" are also in the book (some got married or pregnant in the meantime!).
Well, anyway, it's still a very funny book and a great story, and, the way it's written is also really nice, it's just emails to and from, voice mail messages etc. so if you like this voyeuristic aspect this book is made for you

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 15 Jun. 2010
E. R. Welsby (Liverpool, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Boy Meets Girl (Paperback)
It's not all that often that I get the urging to read "chick lit", but when I do there are three authors I'm most likely to turn to - Marian Keyes, Melissa Senate and Meg Cabot. Cabot's plots are incredibly entertaining, and she has great characters, a lovely sense of humour and a writing style perfect for this type of story.

In Boy Meets Girl, Kate is homeless, boyfriend-less, and involved in a lawsuit where the newspaper she works for is being sued by an employee she was forced to fire (she works in the HR department). At her first deposition, she meets a man she's hugely attracted to and who is also interested in her - the only problem is, he's the lawyer defending her, and she despises corporate lawyers.

It's a sort-of sequel to Cabot's earlier novel, The Guy Next Door (now being published as The Boy Next Door) but revolves around different characters.

The novel is written through a paper trail of sorts - letters, notes, emails, diary entries, transcripts, etc. It feels a bit odd at first, but once you get past the first few pages you'll hardly notice that it's not normal prose; it flows really well. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down, 15 Mar. 2007
This review is from: Boy Meets Girl (Paperback)
I loved this book. I originally purchased it to take on holiday with me, but couldn't resist taking a peak inside and end up reading the entire book. I can't wait to check out the other 2 books from this series. I really liked the style of writing as it was short and snappy. I would definitely recommend this book. If you like this sort of book you should also check out "and god created the au-pair" by Pascale Smets and Benedicte Newland. Right I'm off now to find another book to take on holiday......

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!!!, 8 Aug. 2012
I read them in the wrong order, the first last, but they were great. The series, I mean.

This book is really good, and the emails between them are funny. Gets better half way through. It is romantic, and funny when (part spoiler) Dale comes into the office!!!! Love Mitch's family!!

My favourite in the series is 'Every Boy Has One'. It sounds wrong, but I see it as a heart. :)

LONG LIVE WONDERCAT!!!

Boy Meets Girl
Boy Meets Girl by Meg Cabot (Paperback - 6 Feb. 2004)
Used & New from: £0.01