• Lucky

Format: Paperback|Change

on 5 May 2013
This book has been beautifully written by a very courageous woman. Whilst I am so very sorry for what the author went through, and no one should ever have to go through it, it has helped me so much reading it having been through a similar experience myself. Thank you Alice.
on 8 June 2014
The first half of the book kept me glued and I had real empathy for the writer. It is really well written and gives you a real insight into how she must have felt and survived as a rape victim. However towards the end I began to become a little disinterested and felt that the ending just didn't match the gripping start.
on 16 April 2015
good book love it .good.
on 21 November 2014
Brought this book for my daughter - lovely read, much better than the film (as ever).
on 24 May 2014
The opening of Lucky was one of the most compelling, gripping scenes I have ever read and one I wanted desperately to stop reading but couldn’t tear myself away from.

I dare any one to start it and try to stop. It is every woman’s greatest fear (though I hear it is also some women’s fantasy, but it won’t be after reading this). Lucky is true life horror but it is told with the most calm and piercingly direct voice you could ever imagine. This calm makes the opening slightly more disturbing.

It’s a powerful look at a terrible time in one woman’s life. Beautifully written.
on 4 August 2003
As a victim of this type of violence, I was intrigued as to how it would be tackled. I was not dissappointed. Alice has kept to the facts and not dramatised her ordeal. The characters are very good and you feel as though you are living the life with her.
A few unexpected turn of events make this a compelling read.
on 10 December 2014
BRILLIANT!
on 4 October 2014
Fantastic
on 18 May 2013
This book was admittedly sometimes difficult to read.However, I also couldn't put it down. The insights into Alice's life for so interesting. The stages she went through after the rape, the way she tried to be the strongest of everyone, the way rape seemed to follow her as her shadow. Really I would recommend this book.
on 21 January 2015