Format: Paperback|Change

on 29 November 2010
I'm 15 Years Old, yet I must have read this book 6, 7, maybe 8 times. It is simply hilarious:

"Fudge is back! And he's driving his big brother Peter completely mad.

Some things never change. Like Fudge - also known as Farley Drexel Hatcher. He may be nearly six, but he is still one BIG heap of trouble. Fudge has discovered that mney makes the world go round - and he wants lots of it! Whether he's printing his own Fudge bucks, playing Monopoly with a credit card or extorting enough from the tooth fairy to buy a city (which he'd call Fudgington), Fudge is determined to get more than his fair share of the green stuff.

But worse is to come. For Fudge's new obsession takes the whole family to Washington where they bump into long-lost Cousin Howie and his two dreadful daughters, the Natural Beauties. They're the most awful relatives ever. And they're coming to stay...

A delicious treat for Judy Blume fans - DOUBLE FUDGE means double the fun!"

I think the blurb hits the nail on the head. Fudge's antics are simply hilarious, and I couldn't help but laugh out loud throughout, gaining me some funny looks on the airplane or the school bus I can tell you! Now that I've gone back and read it again, I will definately be buying the rest, going back to the beginning with "Fourth Grade Nothing" and continuing on, as I just couldn't put this book down. For any child, male or female, I think they would LOVE it - an adult with a good sense of humour? Why not! I would recommend though that adult readers go into this book with an open-minded approach. It is aimed at children, so don't be expecting complex sentence structures and intertwining sub-plots. As long as you're okay with rolling from one hysterical moment to the next, BUY IT NOW!

I will leave you with my favourite quote from any of the hundreds of books I've read throughout my lifetime:

"We don't have the money to buy...' I could tell Mom was having a hard time explaining this. She thought for a minute before she finished, '...just for the sake of buying. Money doesn't grow on trees.'
'I know it doesn't grow on trees,' Fudge said. 'You get it at the cash machine.'
'You can't just go to the cash machine whenever you want money,' Mom told him.
'Yes, you can,' Fudge said. 'You put in your card and money comes out. It works every time.'
'No. You have to deposit money into your account first,' Mom said. 'You work hard and try to save part of your salary each week. The cash machine is just a way to get some money out of your account. It doesn't spit out money because you want it. it's not that easy.'
'I know Mom,' Fudge said. 'Sometimes you have to stand in line."
on 5 July 2015
This book was written in a way that makes it not as good as the original books. Judy Bloom has changed the way she has written in this book. It is not as funny which has disappointed me a little. On the bright side of things, it did fascinate me to find out about the new characters that the author has put in.
on 6 June 2014
I read Judy Blume when I was 12 and I'm delighted to say my 11 year old is now enjoying also. She loves the characters. Try the series, it will not disappoint.
on 16 May 2013
I've read the first three and this one didn't disappoint. Fudge is funny as ever. In this one his interest in money money money and sings about it.
Age 13
on 9 June 2014
ordered a book for my son and it was brand new and sealed. Came at least a week before it was due. Thanks for an excellent service!
on 24 June 2015
My two grandsons aged 6 and 8 now have all the 'Fudge' books and love them either to read themselves or as bedtime stories.
on 6 October 2013
best book i've ever read in the world. my favourite chrateter were peter and fudge and howie and mini fudge.
on 14 October 2005
The characters names are Fudge,Petter,Mum,Dad,Jannyfargow.The boock is about fudge likes munny and going about the houes sining I love munny. I like its verry,verry,verry,verry funny.